iPhone 3G fit old iPhone dock?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
just wondering as i sold my iPhone and i can't find my dock, not sure if its really worth keeping if it won't fit anyways, any help is appreciated.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
just wondering as i sold my iPhone and i can't find my dock, not sure if its really worth keeping if it won't fit anyways, any help is appreciated.
NO the old dock will NOT fit the new iPhone 3G. If you sold your old iPhone you should give them the dock, it came with the iPhone originally. The new iPhone 3G does NOT come with a dock, it is sold separately.

Sep 29, 2007
It makes sense to make it fit into the old dock to save us money but the keywork is MONEY. Why would Apple make it fit into the old dock? I mean come on, were talking money here

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't think the dock is worth $20 or however much it is (I really am not sure). I haven't used the one that came with my v1 in months so I don't really miss/need it with the 3G.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I've never used my dock with my first gen phone so I will not be purchasing a new one for my 3G. It's really not a necessity by any means.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
it fits.... I use mine. It is a tight fit, but quite workable.

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
Do a search. You can modify your old one to work with a little sanding or a dremel tool. I did mine and if fits quite nicely. Not too tight so I don't get a scratch.