iPhone 3G home installation process

charles85642

Jul 14, 2008
Hey guys, i hav heard that after you hav your iPhone activated in store.. these also a installation and activation when u get home on your own personal iTunes which takes lik 40 mins. Is this true? can i please get details about this?

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
There is no second activation. iTunes is for syncing your contact information and could take a little time. I have over 200 contacts and it doesn't take me anywhere near 40 mins.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
it only takes a while when you sync music and all that crap. its about a second a song. so do the math. filling your 8gb up could take about 20-30 minutes. no biggi

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
1) I bought mine at the att store which requires me to fully activate at home in order to get the phone fully function. Att only pre-activate your phone at the store. BTW it takes another good 45 mins or so with all the back up etc etc.
2) I have a friend who bought it at Apple store and by the time he walk out they are able to receive and make call already.
Hope this info helps.

charles85642

Jul 14, 2008
1) I bought mine at the att store which requires me to fully activate at home in order to get the phone fully function. Att only pre-activate your phone at the store. BTW it takes another good 45 mins or so with all the back up etc etc.
2) I have a friend who bought it at Apple store and by the time he walk out they are able to receive and make call already.
Hope this info helps.
Ah k, U reckon u can give me more details about this process where u fully activate it at home after partial activation from store?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Hope this info helps.

Im getting my phone from AT&T, so did you have any problems when you were finishing activation?

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Activating the phone at home with iTunes is real easy. When you plug in your phone, iTunes will basically give you instructions and all you do is just click ok. iTunes will do the rest and all you have to is just wait. Everything will be fine.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
can you tell AT&T that you want to activate it at home instead? I want to for the experience (i spelt that wrong, i think)

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Not too sure about that. But i believe every store operate differently. Give it a try. Good luck.