iPhone 3G integration with Honda Accord

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by ltdanp21, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ltdanp21

ltdanp21 New Member

Hello,

Can anyone tell me all the parts I’ll need to integrate my iPhone 3G into a 2004 honda accord LX (no cd changer, no XM and no navi)

The system must be able to charge the iPhone 3G and let me skip and repeat tracks through the factory radio buttons.

Daniel

#1 ltdanp21, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

All u need is either a FM Transmitter or a iPhone compatible cable that goes with a iPhone compatible stereo deck.

3. ltdanp21

ltdanp21 New Member

My accord is 2004 so doesn't have an aux input. Also, heard some very bad things about audio quality of FM tuners.

4. rockin247365

rockin247365 New Member

5. Quake97

Quake97 New Member
    Silver

6. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

I have the usaspec model for mine. It works great. Just make sure you'll be able to hook it up to your stereo. And make sure they have the correct cable (that works with 3G). When I bought my model I had the v1 and it charged and played. But now that I have a 3G it only plays the music. I need to get a new cable but they haven't "released" it yet. Their website says it will be out in September but still no word.

7. Quake97

Quake97 New Member
    Silver

I have a Blitzsafe unit in my car. I chose it over the USAspec on price. I didn't care about the control via the headunit. I kinda wish I had it now.

Anyway, I'm in the same situation with charging. Blitzsafe is going to release an updated cable soon too. They told me it had to do with the way the iPhone accepts power. Up until now, all iPods and iPhones supported firewire power, but the 3G only supports USB. I'm sure I'm not 100% accurate on that.

Joe

8. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

DO NOT get one of those crappy rip-off FM transmitters. They are useless unless you live in a really small town with only 1-2 FM stations. There is supposed to be a direct connect cable that will allow you to play music through car speakers and also charges. Haven't been able to find on yet. May not be on the market as of now. I am going to keep searching and see what I can come up with.

9. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot
    Gold

While interest rates are low and salespeople are desperate, get a 2009 Acura TSX with tech package. There's a USB port to charge your iPhone and play music, you can control the iPod part of the iPhone using the nav screen, and there's Bluetooth handsdfree which really comes in handy when you get a call while driving. It comes with turn by turn navigation so you don't need it in your phone anymore. :laugh2: By the way, Bluetooth Audio is also supported so when A2DP is supported by the iPhone, you'll be able to sync your music wirelessly! :cool: In addition, there is an mini-plug aux input for other music devices.

10. mrinstall

mrinstall New Member

Get the DICE Electronics I-Honda-R3.
    www.DICEelectronics.com

It charges the iPhone, and allows you to control the iPhone through the factory Honda radio and steering wheel controls.