iPhone 3G (iOS 4.2.1) won't find any WiFi networks.

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by sheilawasadiver, Feb 21, 2011.

1. sheilawasadiver

sheilawasadiver New Member

Hi all.

I have just purchased a second hand iPhone 3G 16GB which has iOS 4.2.1 (8C148). I am with o2 UK on a non-iphone tarriff with unlimited data/texts. As it's not an iPhone tarriff I amended the mobile data network (General>Network>Mobile Data Network) to mobile.o2.co.uk and updated the MMS to wap.o2.co.uk. So MMS/Mobile Web/3G works OK - however, it won't find any wifi networks (I appreciate I'm not permitted to use the unltd wifi networks but I should be able to find them manually).

I was at home with iPhone 3G in one hand and Nokia 5800 XM in the other.

The Nokia finds the wifi - the iPhone 3G doesn't.

I've tried resetting the network settings, didn't work. Before the phone was given to me it was given a hard reset so doesn't make sense to do it again.

Any ideas?

2. nicemoney1

nicemoney1 New Member

3. eialongo

eialongo New Member

My phone stopped picking up wifi as well, for no apparent reason. Need an answer.

4. emperium76

emperium76 New Member

I have same problems with my first 3GS. I came back to Apple store and tell what happened with the wifi, and they test it, and changed it with another 3GS (not brand new in box), maybe replacement iPhone for warranty. (Apple store singapore)

5. Richpal

Richpal New Member

I can't believe there's no answers to this issue. I've got the same problem on an old 3GS.

Sent using iCafe app

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Hardware issue, things break.

Sent using iCafe app