iPhone 3G is a joke!

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
I don't care that its cheaper, i just think that its a joke! ... nothing impressed me, nothing at all! oh wait 3G woohoo! BUT YOU GOTTA PAY EXTRA! Forget that!

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I don't care that its cheaper, i just think that its a joke! ... nothing impressed me, nothing at all! oh wait 3G woohoo! BUT YOU GOTTA PAY EXTRA! fudge that!
The hype that surrounds these events often builds unrealistic expectations. They released a faster, thinner device with support for 3G -- all at half the price of the existing iPhone. That still can be categorized as pretty impressive. It might excite existing owners looking for a basket of new features, but fence sitters will be quite pleased.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm very happy with it. The title is your opinion; several of us are quite pleased with it.

- John

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
nobody is telling you to get one

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Also consider those that do not have an iPhone just yet. Personally if I did not already own one I would be chomping at the bit, being an owner since day one, well, it is like that smoking hot chick that you say, you are drooling over her till you get to know her and you realize that the price associated with being with her is just not worth it when you have a dependable woman at home that does all the same things and costs less in the long run!

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I like the fact that we get to try out the new features (sans 3G and GPS) from our existing devices. Then we will know if 3G is really necessary. I continue to blow people away with the Google maps and "locate me" feature. I am more excited about the 2.0 upgrade.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I don't care that its cheaper, i just think that its a joke! ... nothing impressed me, nothing at all! oh wait 3G woohoo! BUT YOU GOTTA PAY EXTRA! fudge that!
so, your not happy with the announcement?

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
-you got the iPod twice as thin at 32GB, why couldnt iP2 have the iPod design with same storage?
-you got a 2.0 cam, while others are getting above 3.2mb,
-why do you have to pay for 3G when with other phones you don't?
-why cant you send or receive a simple picture with such an advanced device, while with crappy 5 year old phones you can?
-why cant it have a simple FM radio,
-why cant it have copy paste!
-who cares about the redesigned rounded back? it would probably be even harder to hold without a cover.
-not to have flash is really annoying too

I would be willing to pay $500-$600 if it had those things listed above. Maybe you guys are happe because you are getting something cheaper, but you are pretty much getting almost the same phone for cheaper because its same one year old technology they has in iP1

the cheaper price and the same old features will maybe make Apple more money for the short run, but for a long run it will ruin the iPhone name and it will not be as desirable some couple years later... my favorite line "you cant receive or send pictures on your iPhone? ... hahahahaa"

shame shame shame!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
-you got the iPod twice as thin at 32GB, why couldnt iP2 have the iPod design with same storage?

-you got a 2.0 cam, while others are getting above 3.2mb,
-why do you have to pay for 3G when with other phones you don't?
-why cant you send or receive a simple picture with such an advanced device, while with crappy 5 year old phones you can?
-why cant it have a simple FM radio,
-why cant it have copy paste!
-who cares about the redesigned rounded back? it would probably be even harder to hold without a cover.​

I would be willing to pay $500-$600 if it had those things listed above. Maybe you guys are happe because you are getting something cheaper, but you are pretty much getting almost the same phone for cheaper because its same one year old technology they has in iP1​

the cheaper price and the same old features will maybe make Apple more money for the short run, but for a long run it will ruin the iPhone name and it will not be as desirable some couple years later... my favorite line "you cant receive or send pictures on your iPhone? ... hahahahaa"​

shame shame shame!​
Hey there's always MacWorld '09! That's when I plan on getting one, but then again, this may be a new bargaining chip for the wife also....*runs away*...(sweet voice) huuuuuUUUUUUUUUNNnnnnnEEEEEE....:p

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
The amazing web and overall experience of the iPhone especially now with 3G is more than enough to make up for the few minor things it lacks. I like how people say well look what so and so phone can do that the iPhone can't. I don't hear them though as I'm watching a movie or TV show, or cruising the real internet on my iPhone.