iPhone 3G is the same price.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
What is 10 dollars times 24 months? What was the price of the iPhone before jun 9? Getting a clearer picture? Pass it on to the consumers.

For people who like to call other people whiners because they can't comprehend a post. I am merely pointing out something.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
What the hell did you expect Att to do? Charge less for faster internet?:rolleyes:

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Everyone is whining about the new iPhone, its not a perfect device no one is making you get the new one.

ATT and Apple are both corporations out for a profit, ATT is subsidizing the phone upfront, yes you will pay more for the contract I am already paying 90 a month for 450 min unlimited texts and edge and I payed 600 for the phone.

I don't expect ATT to owe me anything, I chose to buy the phone and use their service, do you complain that Comcast didn't give you a credit when you bought your flat screen tv?

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
What the hell did you expect Att to do? Charge less for faster internet?:rolleyes:
Wow, you are a bright individual. I was pointing out something people might not realize. Its not about the faster internet. The iPhone is the same price. Plain and simple. Thanks for your brilliant addition to the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Everyone is whining about the new iPhone, its not a perfect device no one is making you get the new one.

ATT and Apple are both corporations out for a profit, ATT is subsidizing the phone upfront, yes you will pay more for the contract I am already paying 90 a month for 450 min unlimited texts and edge and I payed 600 for the phone.

I don't expect ATT to owe me anything, I chose to buy the phone and use their service, do you complain that Comcast didn't give you a credit when you bought your flat screen tv?
Dude, who is whining? No tears? I bought 2 phones already and ill get this one. No whining. Just pointing soething out. Bro.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I wasn't singling you out but everyone here paid roughly 600 bucks for the first phone plus activation fees and first month up front so the iPhone upfront cost was about 700+

Now the phone comes out and is 1/3 the price and people are still complaining that the monthly rate is higher and whining about ATT.

If you don't want it don't buy it, Im sure Apple will sell a ton of these at this price point and wont miss anyones businesss.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Wow, thank for the useful posts.

people complain. guess what people can complain. I wasn't. Look what complaining did before it got people a 100 Apple gift card. Hmm. So to everyone I say complain! That is what we fight for! Its our God given right! Long live free speech, stay out of the thread you ****is! Before I call Indy!

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Yes but using your argument, the price is lower now meaning more people buy it. Now there is a larger market of people pushing Apple to add the missing features.

To me its a moot point thats what Im paying now for edge anyway and they are reportedly accepting corp discounts so its cheaper for me to have 3g.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They know that iPhone users will use even more data with faster speeds. They already use the internet more than any other device.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
people arent really mad at the extra $10, its that the phones that already had 3G such as the treo or blackjack don't/didn't have to pay the extra price-point :(

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
All the original poster is saying is that while the $200 price point seems like a slap in the face to current iPhone owners, it really isn't

no dock = $30
data plan price difference = $240

All this just shows that the current phone is still a pretty valuable thing. The new one just seems to be "cheapening the line"

Also, current owners need to factor in a new case. Or 20, if you're that guy.