iPhone 3G, iTunes, & Vista 64-bit Edition?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
I noticed that iTunes supports Windows Vista 64-bit. I plan on using my Vista 64 that's on my laptop to do my iPhone 3G sync'ing and all. Has anyone run into any issues with this environment? I'm running Outlook 2007 as well.

Any gotcha's, tips, and warnings would be appreciated.

Oh, and by the way, please--no Mac vs Vista or Vista-bashing. I'm asking a legitimate question here. Thank you all in advance! :)

Supreme

Jul 14, 2008
no problem @ all

im running vista ultimate64, 4GB, core2 duo, HP notebook with over 90GBs of iTunes media. Runs as smooth as a 1GB library!

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
im running vista ultimate64, 4GB, core2 duo, HP notebook with over 90GBs of iTunes media. Runs as smooth as a 1GB library!
Cool. Good to know...thanks! I have the same setup--4Gb RAM with a Core Duo (2.2 GHz each), NVidia Quadro FX video adapter on an HP/Compaq 8510w. I also put in a 4GB SD Card used for ReadyBoost.

Supreme

Jul 14, 2008
Cool. Good to know...thanks! I have the same setup--4Gb RAM with a Core Duo (2.2 GHz each), NVidia Quadro FX video adapter on an HP/Compaq 8510w. I also put in a 4GB SD Card used for ReadyBoost.
is the performance a big diff? I was thinking about doing it but i figured after 4gb its not really an issue, i guess those days are over with OS's like Vista around.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
is the performance a big diff? I was thinking about doing it but i figured after 4gb its not really an issue, i guess those days are over with OS's like Vista around.
Are you asking if the 4GB ReadyBoost on top of the 4GB of RAM improves performance?

Anecdotally, I think so. I don't have figures to back this up, but psychologically, it seems to run better with the RB installed. ;)