iPhone 3G jailbroke and laggy!

Dec 8, 2008
N
it lags. Very much. I have. Ycorder and a few other apps that i bought from app store. I got winterboard and only one theme downloaded and used. It is very annoying. Is there anything i coukd do to make it not lag as much? Or shoukd i just unjailbreak it?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
it lags. Very much. I have. Ycorder and a few other apps that i bought from app store. I got winterboard and only one theme downloaded and used. It is very annoying. Is there anything i coukd do to make it not lag as much? Or shoukd i just unjailbreak it?
Are you running 2.2?

I've heard that the jailbreak on 2.2 is less laggy than on previous versions. This is the first version I've jailbroke and while there is some lag, I don't find it too annoying.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Yes i have 2.2 and it is slow and annoying at times. It affects settings and certain apps. Plus really. JAilbreaking isn't really all that tight. I mean u get a few things but none are unbelievable. Expecially when thr device is crippled. I hope there are some fixes i could do. Other then that im restoring back

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Yes i have 2.2 and it is slow and annoying at times. It affects settings and certain apps. Plus really. JAilbreaking isn't really all that tight. I mean u get a few things but none are unbelievable. Expecially when thr device is crippled. I hope there are some fixes i could do. Other then that im restoring back
I don't think there are any fixes. It's part of what happens when you jailbreak.

I guess you could restore and rejailbreak and see if that helps the lag.

Some people have said that running winterboard could cause less so you could try and get rid of that. Otherwise, I don't really know what to tell you.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Alright. Well thanks for the help. Also if i restore and renew the phone "unjailbreak" would that clear everything and be like new? Or will i keep the lag?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, the lag is annoying. The only way to get rid of it (temporarily) is to reboot or respring (the latter is much faster). It will come back after a while, though. I respring several times a day because of it.

Dec 8, 2008
N
What is?

Yeah, the lag is annoying. The only way to get rid of it (temporarily) is to reboot or respring (the latter is much faster). It will come back after a while, though. I respring several times a day because of it.

What is "respring" and how do u do that. I know booting is where u hold the lock button and home button at the same time for like 10. Seconds. That is if im right? Also is it fully booted till the Apple sysmbol appears or do u have to let go when the device shows a blank screen? What is respring. Lol

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I remember these days on my PC, when I was using all these fancy utilities and themes...oh boy - it sure slowed my computer down! The same for the iPhone...I know someone will say NO!...but just think about it: you're are entering Apples firmware system with these custom themes and fancy utilities...and this have a price - lagging menus!

Dec 8, 2008
N
Lol your probably right. Ive vot to restore. Its ridiculous. Honetly i don't understand why people would want to jailbreak besidea a few apps and themes

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lol your probably right. Ive vot to restore. Its ridiculous. Honetly i don't understand why people would want to jailbreak besidea a few apps and themes
That's why I stay clean...(I didn't on my first 1G iPhone..)... - sure I miss these walls behind the fancy custom icons! But these themes and some apps is the only thing I miss. My new 3G iPhone is smooth in menus and clean in apps - I just restore so fast...if needed..