iPhone 3G Jailbroken but "No SIM" message

ump001

Mar 20, 2008
I have jailbroken my iPhone 3g using a custom firmware created via pawnage tool. I am also on the O2 network, however when i place my sim in the phone i get a No Sim message where the network should be.

I'm guessing the phone needs to be activated... But is this possibly via the hackng tools out at the moment?

Or have i carried out the jailbreaking technique incorrectly?

eloi

Sep 17, 2008
Southern California
Did you have iTunes open when you pwned it? iTunes should automatically activate your phone. I'm presuming you're not unlocking.

ump001

Mar 20, 2008
hi,

yes updated via iTunes using the custom .ipsw. Have also tried again and made sure the activate check box was selected. So not sure what going.
And yes i'm not trying to unlock, simply jailbreak and activate.

Any other tools i can try?

eloi

Sep 17, 2008
Southern California
if iTunes sees the phone, try the Restore function in iTunes to install the stock firmware and see if the phone activates again. Don't recover a backup, just set it up as a new phone and make sure it works.

If it does activate, run quickpwn (or whatever you're using as long as it isn't pusher) and try jailbreaking again.

If it doesn't activate with stock firmware, make a genius appt and get it replaced, it might be hardware.

Good luck.