iPhone 3G Looks - Did they let you down?

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Is anyone else a little bummed out with the design of the new iPhone? I know I am. Not only is it practically unchanged from the original, but the one significant change they added (a white phone) is only available on 16 GB models.

Sure the new one is black instead of aluminum, but what about the face? Why only change the back? Why couldn't they give us a matching white face to go along with the white backing?

I feel Apple didn't live up to many of our expectations. I mean, some of the faked iPhone pics looked better than the actual iPhone. You mean to tell me that a bunch of kids online have better creative ability than Apple?

That pic with the three colors to choose from blew me away. I was really hoping for something along those lines. Alas, black is what I will be getting next month, because I sure as hell won't give them 100 dollars more for a 2 ounce white piece of plastic.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Is anyone else a little bummed out with the design of the new iPhone? I know I am. Not only is it practically unchanged from the original, but the one significant change they added (a white phone) is only available on 16 GB models.

Sure the new one is black instead of aluminum, but what about the face? Why only change the back? Why couldn't they give us a matching white face to go along with the white backing?

I feel Apple didn't live up to many of our expectations. I mean, some of the faked iPhone pics looked better than the actual iPhone. You mean to tell me that a bunch of kids online have better creative ability than Apple?

That pic with the three colors to choose from blew me away. I was really hoping for something along those lines. Alas, black is what I will be getting next month, because I sure as hell won't give them 100 dollars more for a 2 ounce white piece of plastic.
Im not. I like the new design of it. I think ill get black too, but white it still pretty nice. Im gonna make my decision when I see it in person though.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
and its not like the 100 is going towards the 2 ounce thing its also to the whole 8 more gigs

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
and its not like the 100 is going towards the 2 ounce thing its also to the whole 8 more gigs
Can you think of a legitimate reason why Apple would choose to include the white color ONLY for their 16 GB models?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
no that is retared i do agree with you i was just pointing out that its not just for the white 100 dollars

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Can you think of a legitimate reason why Apple would choose to include the white color ONLY for their 16 GB models?
To drive sales of a more expensive model. Let's face it...many will purchase based upon color and not GB.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Not bummed. Any change in the design was a bonus. I think the subtle changes they made are a step in the right direction and the change in materials for the back makes perfect sense with all those radios in there. I was just hoping for internal changes and got a little bonus on the outside.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
To drive sales of a more expensive model. Let's face it...many will purchase based upon color and not GB.
This is the temptation I will have to fight off come launch date. I REALLY want the white one but I have no need for the extra space. Hell I would have been fine with just the 4GB model.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
For the same reason 99.9% of televisions come in black
if it had a white face i would never think of buying it
it is not pleasing to the human eye to watch video and such
with a white border/faceplate
plus the screen would appear smaller
the eye is a tricky thing

I disagree

I don't know about you man but im buying the 16gb Black 3g iPhone

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i would have liked some tassels that i can waive around in the air or something.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm pretty pleased with the new look. I've always wanted a gloss black iPhone, so this makes it easier than Colorware.

minoba82

Jul 30, 2007
I like the subtle changes they made. After all, everybody seemed to love the way the current iPhone looked. So why make drastic changes that ppl could possibly not like? I don't really like that it's now a plastic back instead of aluminum. I'm just surprised they didn't come out with different colors. I guess they're saving that for next time.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
It's pics like these that made me disappointed in the selection we will have. I guess it's never good to get hyped up by something you know is not real.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It's pics like these that made me disappointed in the selection we will have. I guess it's never good to get hyped up by something you know is not real.
I would buy the iPhone 3G in white if the front of it was white like in that pic...but for now, im going with the iPhone 3G in black.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I'm really really upset at Apple that the iPhone 3G doesn't look like this:

Attachments

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
where's all the hardware?

maybe in a few decades...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
where's all the hardware?

maybe in a few decades...
If they were to make that now, and if it were possible, that would probably be super expensive because it doesn't look like thatll be easy to make or anything.