iPhone 3G - mic not working!

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by bigh11, Dec 14, 2008.

1. bigh11

bigh11 New Member

Hi

I'm new to this forum, so hello :laugh2:

I've had a reconditioned iPhone 3G (got it on contract with 02) for just over a week and today the mic isn't working. I can hear people but they can't hear me. I tried doing the google voice search but it can't hear me either. I don't know why it's suddenly not working? Really confused :confused:

I've turned it off and back on again (used to fix everything with my last phone lol) but it's still not working.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Big H x

2. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot
    Gold

Go back to the store and complain about this...I don't think you can fix this yourself!

3. JoeT

JoeT Member
    Silver

Yep, it's off to the store you go.

4. iphonebob

iphonebob New Member

Wow ! ---- Didn't think there were (any) reconditioned 3G phone's available yet --- I have turned my new 3G in for replacement (due to a GPS chip problem) and the Genius Tech said that all the replacements given out in the plain white boxes were "New Units" as there aren't any reconditioned phones available yet.

Either this was just plain "BS" on the Genius part or I am wrong.

Further info needed here from you guys !

5. Remix23

Remix23 New Member
    Bronze

did u hit mute on accident?

6. bigh11

bigh11 New Member

Thanks for your replies :)

No I didn't hit the mute button :laugh2:

O2 definitely have reconditioned phones, trust me :) I don't know whether they are just for upgrades or what but they definitely have them.

I've rung o2 anyway and they are sending me a new one, yay!

7. Ramesh

Ramesh Zealot
    Gold

Plug your headphones in and pull them out. Repeat a few times. Should do the trick.

8. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

That's exactly what it is.:p

9. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

That happened on my old HTC Tytn II, I just replaced the Mic and it worked fine.

10. dagoo98

dagoo98 Member
    Bronze

This should solve the problem.....it has worked for me on the V1 iPhone when I had that issue.

11. WillemA

WillemA New Member

This forum is quite old but I just had the same problem with my phone so thought I would share how I fixed it. Initially thought it was the mic itself and got a £3.50 one of Ebay and soldered it in. No luck. What I found though was that it was actually the case that was loose causing the issue. If I pressed the phone back casing and screen together it starts working together it works. I ordered a new case so will be replacing it. Hope this works for someone.

12. Elihu Bogan

Elihu Bogan New Member

Thanks WillemA - I found this after going to the Apple store. I saw a slight gap in the casing on the bottom of my 3GS, stuck some super glue in there and held it shut with a binder clip for a few minutes. Works great now. Thanks.

13. Atieno

Atieno New Member

I did the same thing and now my phone is working. I tested it by calling myself and when I pressed my phone together where the gap was I could hear myself. I'm sure this is a temp fix but it worked.
    I am sure getting the casing replaced would also work like WillemA did.

14. santos

santos New Member

oow it also happened to my Samsung! its a default ,i think replacing your iPhone is better opinion