iPhone 3G not starting

Kezman

Nov 2, 2008
Hello! Today I played around with my phone for awhile and the next time I took it up it just wouldn´t start, I had a lot of battery time left. Now later my friend called me and everything was normal but once the call was ended the screen just turned black. It´s like the home button isn´t responding or something. What could the problem be? I have no idea...Please help me!:)

Thanks in advance,

Kezman

Hello! Today I played around with my phone for awhile and the next time I took it up it just wouldn´t start, I had a lot of battery time left. Now later my friend called me and everything was normal but once the call was ended the screen just turned black. It´s like the home button isn´t responding or something. What could the problem be? I have no idea...Please help me!:)

Thanks in advance,

Kezman
before a restore... try a hard reset and see what happens... if that doesn't work then do a restore... sorry to hear about this

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Don't restore. Too often do people use that as a first resort for solving even the smallest problem. Go through this document first.

Kezman

Nov 2, 2008
I took my iPhone to the Sonera (finnish carrier of iPhones) shop and they just pushed the home button and the off button at the same time (is that a restore? sorry, I don´t know all terms in english) and it solved the problem:) A bit unnessecary to take it to the shop, but oh well...:) They also said that if the iPhone runs completely out of battery it can take 10-15 minutes for the phone to respond when it´s being charged. Thanks to everyone for the help and also, what´s a hard reset?

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
I took my iPhone to the Sonera (finnish carrier of iPhones) shop and they just pushed the home button and the off button at the same time (is that a restore? sorry, I don´t know all terms in english) and it solved the problem:) A bit unnessecary to take it to the shop, but oh well...:) They also said that if the iPhone runs completely out of battery it can take 10-15 minutes for the phone to respond when it´s being charged. Thanks to everyone for the help and also, what´s a hard reset?
What they did is a hard reset. I just suggested the restore since it sounded like a firmware issue, but glad you got it working again!