iPhone 3G Outlook 2003 sync

ljreddi

Dec 13, 2008
I have an iPhone 3g and I managed to sync my contacts and calendar, however, my email which is outlook 2003 from exchange is not sync.

I even tried to configure email acc under exchange, but getting authentication failure despite having the right credentials.

can anyone help me in sync the email to iPhone.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Do you know what type of account your have? Is it an Exchange account or POP? If you're synching calendar/contacts but not email, chances are you're Outlook is configured via a pop account. If that is the case then the exchange feature will not work. Let us know and we'll help you get it up and running.

ljreddi

Dec 13, 2008
I don't use pop3 or imap, i just connect to exchange server and configured it to get my mail to my laptop.

but i cant figure out why when i sync my iPhone wiz my laptop only my calendar and contacts get sync while email not.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Sounds like you're using iTunes to synch the calendar and contacts that are listed on your laptop's Outlook. Exchange accounts are able to synch all 3 elements without synching to the laptop.

If your credentials are correct but it still doesn't work then perhaps you're setting up the wrong type of account. Without giving personal information away. What type of account is it? Work or Personal? And who is it through? ATT? Comcast? or is it your work email address?

ljreddi

Dec 13, 2008
yes u r right i am using iTunes to sync them.

yes its work email address which i tried to sync.

i don't think i am setting up the wrong account, as i remember when i got a msg verify ssl but said cant verify ssl. so i just continue and i got the authentication error.

do u think its related to ssl.

however i did tried a pocket pc mobile, which work fine and all email got sync from laptop to it and another interesting part is that under my computer i can locate the the mobile icon, while for the iPhone it does not appear under my computer.

do u think there is a prob wiz the iPhone as i don't think its the laptop since the pocket one is able to communicate wiz.

another thing i don't no now to put excel, work or ppt document stored on the iPhone. in the pocket one, i just click on the icon n i paste them while iPhone icon is not appearing under my computer icon.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
try disabling ssl

ljreddi

Dec 13, 2008
i did it

btw forget to tell you my exchange server is hosted in other countries do u think thats differ something.

i don't since the other pocket mobile is able to sync

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
my first guess is no I don't think it would. It's pretty hard to help without the information in front of us. I would suggest you contact your IT department from work. Let them know that you are setting up an activesync connection with exchange on your iPhone. They should be able to give you correct information. Sorry I couldn't be more help.