iPhone 3G phone function did not working!

aj1982

Nov 11, 2008
I just bought recently new 3G Gevey turbo SIM (the second turbo sim) for my iPhone 3g. My first TURBO SIM was damaged as it had a bit tear on the SIM so i was getting the new turbo sim replacement.

My iPhone now can surf /use WIFI/3G/reception/network no problem and also receiving any SMS/TEXt and any phone calls.

It workd perfect BUT i can ONLY MAKE CALLS from the TEXT /MSG i received (SMS BUTTON).That's mean if i go to contact features there is no CALL button at all only for text messages.

MY PHONE BUTTON IS NOT WORKING AT ALL!

Please please advise

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
If "hard reset" doesn't fix your problem...
I'd just restore your phone.

I have a "similar" issue with your problem.
However, the issue was due to Jail Break my phone, which yours probably also JB.

My issue was, the phone functionality just doesn't work at all, the numbering keypad shows up, but where it says "call" button's "call" text wasn't there, and I press any number, it doesn't work.

I wasn't able to go to call history nor voicemail section.

I was able to do everything else that iPhone can do. (texting, surf the net using 3G and wifi, ipod...etc).

I could receive and answer the phone call, but it won't bring up the "pause" "speaker" those function page up..

anyhow, only way I was able to fix the problem was.... I had to restore my phone then re-JB my phone.

If your problem also very similar, I'd suggest you to just restore your phone and re-JB your phone.

I tried to ask around the fix of it in several forum, but I didn't seem to get any response but was told to just restore it....

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If "hard reset" doesn't fix your problem...
I'd just restore your phone.

I have a "similar" issue with your problem.
However, the issue was due to Jail Break my phone, which yours probably also JB.

My issue was, the phone functionality just doesn't work at all, the numbering keypad shows up, but where it says "call" button's "call" text wasn't there, and I press any number, it doesn't work.

I wasn't able to go to call history nor voicemail section.

I was able to do everything else that iPhone can do. (texting, surf the net using 3G and wifi, ipod...etc).

I could receive and answer the phone call, but it won't bring up the "pause" "speaker" those function page up..

anyhow, only way I was able to fix the problem was.... I had to restore my phone then re-JB my phone.

If your problem also very similar, I'd suggest you to just restore your phone and re-JB your phone.

I tried to ask around the fix of it in several forum, but I didn't seem to get any response but was told to just restore it....

i have had the exact same problem, i've re-JB so if i have the same problems then i'll do a standard restore and i'll re-JB,

the easiest things we always overlook

thanks bro

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
i have had the exact same problem, i've re-JB so if i have the same problems then i'll do a standard restore and i'll re-JB,

the easiest things we always overlook

thanks bro
I had a whole nightmare process of restoring issue on one of the post and had many nice EIC people help me.

Somehow, I wasn't able to restore my phone... (you don't want to see "steve jobs"!).
I ended up having to use other PC to be able to restore my phone....
It doesn't seem to have very common problem people come across to though...

Just so you know ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I had a whole nightmare process of restoring issue on one of the post and had many nice EIC people help me.

Somehow, I wasn't able to restore my phone... (you don't want to see "steve jobs"!).
I ended up having to use other PC to be able to restore my phone....
It doesn't seem to have very common problem people come across to though...

Just so you know ;)
well its happened again! i mean as in i've gone for a restore (a proper restore) and Steve Jobs flashed up!

does this mean i'm in trouble? if so your my new best friend for getting my phone back to normal!

i'l let you know if i have any problems

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
well its happened again! i mean as in i've gone for a restore (a proper restore) and Steve Jobs flashed up!

does this mean i'm in trouble? if so your my new best friend for getting my phone back to normal!

i'l let you know if i have any problems
As long as you have backed up on your iTune, I'd suggest go ahead and restore your phone with other computer with iTune8.01 (not the one you tried to restore and steve jobs came on).

Once you are successfuly restored on other computer, you can sync back with your original iTune and it should put back your backed-up info back into your phone.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
This is the link where I post every min of nightmare of restoring I had and process... only if you are interested

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
thanks,

well i've restored and now i am stock condition but yet my sms function is not working correctly, its receiving but not sending!

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
thanks,

well i've restored and now i am stock condition but yet my sms function is not working correctly, its receiving but not sending!
I didn't not have the problem once I was able to restore my phone.
I'm sure you have tried hard-reset to see if it will fix...

If not, we shall wait for someone more knowledge-ble to give some advise..?

but worse come to worse... since you are back in stock setting, you shouldn't have a problem taking the phone to Apple store to have them fix for you...

as long as they don't see steve jobs... LOL

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
The exact same problem happened to me and I had no idea why. Just the fourth day I got my iPhone 3G, all I did was a restore and everything went find after that.

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
Haha I bought a Gevey-3G sim chip a week ago.

The packaging is quality isn't it.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have a Gevey-3G sim chip, it was like $39 USD when I bought it. It's pretty awesome since you don't have to cut anything in your sim card in order for it to fit the chip, it's just the same size and it never lags or gives low signal.

aj1982

Nov 11, 2008
I have restored and just by coincidence the 2.2 just releassed it today so i updated it as well.

And now i have the new Turbo SIm replcaement with the new 2.2 and it did not work smoothly like the version 2.1..the reception is very weak and most of the times with no recetion!(with No service)

is anyone has advise?as from myunderstanding all The TURBO SIM works perfectly with 2.1 version how about 2.2?

I just bought recently new 3G Gevey turbo SIM (the second turbo sim) for my iPhone 3g. My first TURBO SIM was damaged as it had a bit tear on the SIM so i was getting the new turbo sim replacement.

My iPhone now can surf /use WIFI/3G/reception/network no problem and also receiving any SMS/TEXt and any phone calls.

It workd perfect BUT i can ONLY MAKE CALLS from the TEXT /MSG i received (SMS BUTTON).That's mean if i go to contact features there is no CALL button at all only for text messages.

MY PHONE BUTTON IS NOT WORKING AT ALL!

Please please advise

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I am not going to update to 2.2 until I hear reviews about it from more than one side. Because it's going to be bad for us (Turbo Sim) users since as you said, it affects the service. Lucky AT&T users >_<.