iPhone 3G purchasing question..

Jul 25, 2007
I currently have the first generation iPhone which I am using AT&T's GoPhone Pick Your Plan. I have the Unlimited Internet Access and Visual Voice mail just as it is supposed to have. When I activated my iPhone after purchase I chose the GoPhone plan and have had it ever since. Now I really am contemplating purchasing the iPhone 3G but was wondering if I would be able to simply install my SIM from my current iPhone to the 3G with no issues. If not, will I be able to activate the new 3G with GoPhone pick your plan and just transfer my current number? Thanks..

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I currently have the first generation iPhone which I am using AT&T's GoPhone Pick Your Plan. I have the Unlimited Internet Access and Visual Voice mail just as it is supposed to have. When I activated my iPhone after purchase I chose the GoPhone plan and have had it ever since. Now I really am contemplating purchasing the iPhone 3G but was wondering if I would be able to simply install my SIM from my current iPhone to the 3G with no issues. If not, will I be able to activate the new 3G with GoPhone pick your plan and just transfer my current number? Thanks..
It doesn't look like you'll be able to do this - straight from AT&T's site:
Can I activate iPhone 3G on GoPhone Prepaid service?
No. GoPhone Prepaid is not available for iPhone 3G at this time.
When you go to buy a 3G iPhone, they'll make you agree to a 2-year contract and regular plan to go along with it if you want to keep the same number or get a new number.