iPhone 3G question re new computer

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi can anybody tell me, if i buy a new computer and connect my iPhone 3g to it, will i lose all my data saved on iTunes or in the phone as i made a fatal mistake last week when connecting to my brothers laptop and must have pressed a wrong button on iTunes or something as i lost all my data within the iPhone 3g, hope somebody can help with this issue and thankyou from brian in uk.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
When I got my new MBP, I used an external HD to copy music,contacts,ext. Then I put this info on the new computer. After doing this, all you have to do is sync. and you are good to go. I think I did have to type in contacts to the new computer because I went from a PC to a Mac.

Jeffois

Bronze
Jun 5, 2008
I know that there are many MobilMe bashers here, and I know that many have good reason, but this is one situation where it might come in mighty handy.

Also, I do the same as a previous poster whenever I upgrade. Backup to a local disk, and restore from that. You have a guarantee of the data's availability by doing so.

I would imagine that there are ways to avoid re-entering all data, even when switching from the PC side of life, even without MM.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
When I got my new MBP, I used an external HD to copy music,contacts,ext. Then I put this info on the new computer. After doing this, all you have to do is sync. and you are good to go. I think I did have to type in contacts to the new computer because I went from a PC to a Mac.
without mobile me, ^^^^thats the only way to do it. remember to "de authorize" our old computer before you say goodbye to it forever and "authorize" the new one so your paid media works!

MacHoe

Mar 4, 2008
and you get 90 days free of mobile me..