iPhone 3G restarting

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by ritzthekracker, Aug 25, 2008.

1. ritzthekracker

ritzthekracker New Member
    Bronze

hey guys has anyone else experienced your iPhone 3g restarting on its own when installing apps on either cydia or the appstore. I have had this happen a couple of times in recent days and really don't want to restore but will if i have to, to fix this issue.

2. ritzthekracker

Bronze

UPDATE: i just restored my iPhone 3g to the 2.0.2 firmware and jailbroke using pwnagetool. As i was using it this morning my phone did the same thing again. Anyone at all having this problem or is it really just me?

3. seamustry

seamustry New Member

maybe something to do with jailbreaking it?

4. aaronsiphone

aaronsiphone New Member
    Bronze

no, mines been absolutely fine (touch wood) its better now <jailbroken> than it was unjailbroken

5. ritzthekracker

Bronze

well its been under 30 days since i have purchased it do you think Apple would take it back and replace it with a new one?

6. MileHighRob

MileHighRob Zealot
    Gold

They will actually replace the phone up to one year after purchase. I'd advice you get it back to the state it was in prior to jailbreaking before you take it back to Apple though.

7. ritzthekracker

Bronze

thanks for all the information guys i am going to head out to a Apple store this afternoon.

8. seamustry

seamustry New Member

i heard that jailbreaking will void your warranty...

but if something does happen to your phone, can you make it so that they won't know that you hacked it?

9. MileHighRob

MileHighRob Zealot
    Gold

Tell them you're gettting a lot of dropped calls and that your phone keeps shutting down and restarting when you're in the middle of installing apps from the app store. Be prepared for them to advise you to do a restore. Tell them you've already restored countless times and it keeps doing the same thing. That will save you an additional trip home and another appointment back to the genius bar.

10. ritzthekracker

Bronze

Did just that and they replaced my iPhone, the fact that the phone actually did shutoff and restart while the mac genius was working on it helped my cause but am running fine now on my new iPhone jailbroken and all :) Thanks for the help MileHighRob

11. niazkv

niazkv New Member

iPhone 3G Freez and restart Slide to unlock screen when pressing home button

iPhone 3G Freez and restart Slide to unlock screen when pressing home button and I cant disconnect also after the call. While talking to any one there is no problem but cant disconnect the call but one thing when I connect/Disconnect USB Cable It will disconnect the call. after auto lock when I press the home button I will get the screen slide to unlock and freez again I have to connect/Disconnect USB Cable. I have tried 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.1. No Use Please Help Me