iPhone 3G Restored, Jailbroken. Not Getting ANY bars!

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
New 3G not Picking up a signal?

Ok, well I just traded my old v1 and an iPod for a 3G. Well I just restored it, and jailbroke it with quickpwn. But my phone isn't picking up a signal at all? And Im under AT&T help!:mad::mad:

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Ok, I just took out my sim and put my mom's sim in. AND still NO reception! please HELP! I already restored it twice!

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I used to have the same problem when I had my 3G enabled. Try disabling it and see if that helps.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I toggled with that a while ago still had no bars. Im taking it into the Apple store tomorrow.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Ok well last night I traded an iPhone v1 and a iPod touch for a 3G. When I put my sim in, it worked just fine. But when I got home.. I had to restore the phone because some of his personal stuff was still in there (iTunes account)
So I restored, everything went fine. Jailbroke with quickpwn. Everything went fine there too. But when my phone rebooted....there were no bars whatsoever. Then after a while it switched over to saying No Service. What went wrong? Can someone please help me? I'm left phoneless. :mad:

I toggled with the phone a bit, turned off 3G so that wasn't the problem. Note!

I am under AT&T's Pay As You Go. Any type of internet was cut off from my account, so the iPhone cannot get any type of internet unless I am under wifi.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Go under settings and reset all your settings. See if that'll work.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I'm not sure what you're using to jailbreak it, but make sure you didn't select "activate" when you pwned it if you're on AT&T

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I used quickpwn latest version and no there was no option of activation,

only options it gave me where

add cydia
add installer
change boot logos
and thats it.
And I seriosly don't think resetting any settings is gonna
work because the phone immediately does not work after im
done with restoring and quickpwn.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If i were you i would try and restore, this way you can make sure your sim card is working ok with the iPhone still (i know you said it did, but best to check).

Then, how are you jailbreaking? Are you using a mac or pc? you should make sure you are using the correct version of quickpwn etc...

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I have restored it over a billion times in the last 12 hours. And I use quickpwn 2.2. Under Windows XP. The unlocking seems to go in fine, but idk why I am getting no signal whatsoever.

Let me restore this thing AGAIN hopefully I get a miracle.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I am thanking you and god like crazy right now!
My phone finished restoring. And all of a sudden
it activated ON ITS OWN!
IM SERIOUS
iTunes FINISHED RESTORING
REBOOTED
THE CLICK FOR EMRGENCY SCREEN
CAME UP
THEN IT DISSAPERAED AND THE iPhone
WAS ACTIVATED AND NOW WORKING!
THANK YOU JESUS AND GOD! AMEN!
now this is a miracle y'all. I seriously lost faith.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Didn't I tell you this already? Pimp - use pwnage or winpwn and follow the step by step directions on mmi.com. Use expert mode and make sure you tell it that you're on ATT and do NOT need activation. QUIT USING QUICKPWN. You're letting it activate your phone. If you go stock, I bet your phone works fine.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
It don't matter any more. I did a final restore, prayed, and it worked. Idk what happened. As soon as the restore finished. It restarted, the slide for emergency screen AND THE PHONE ACTIVATED ON ITS OWN! AND ITS NOT EVEN THE ORIGINAL SIM CARD INSIDE THE PHONE. I thank god for everything. And if u read Mark u would have seen that the guy who was gonna trade me his white 3G never answered my calls.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
haha no problem, glad its working

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Didn't I tell you this already? Pimp - use pwnage or winpwn and follow the step by step directions on mmi.com. Use expert mode and make sure you tell it that you're on ATT and do NOT need activation. QUIT USING QUICKPWN. You're letting it activate your phone. If you go stock, I bet your phone works fine.
It don't matter any more. I did a final restore, prayed, and it worked. Idk what happened. As soon as the restore finished. It restarted, the slide for emergency screen AND THE PHONE ACTIVATED ON ITS OWN! AND ITS NOT EVEN THE ORIGINAL SIM CARD INSIDE THE PHONE. I thank god for everything. And if u read Mark u would have seen that the guy who was gonna trade me his white 3G never answered my calls.
So you're stock, and you're fine, right? Quickpwn should ask if you're a legit user at some point. If you answer that correctly, you should create an ispw that will not activate your phone. That's the only part that I think you're missing. Good luck, Bud. Glad to hear you're functional at the very least.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
So you're stock, and you're fine, right? Quickpwn should ask if you're a legit user at some point. If you answer that correctly, you should create an ispw that will not activate your phone. That's the only part that I think you're missing. Good luck, Bud. Glad to hear you're functional at the very least.
QuickPwn doesn't ask me anything like that. The only thing it asks before it starts building the IPSW is if I want to replace the boot logos...

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Sorry macgirl. I needed urgent help here. And no quickpwn was NOT used AT ALL!
the phone activated ON ITS OWN! CAN U BELIEVE THAT?
IT JUMPED FROM RESTORE TO SELF ACTIVATION IN JUST ONE RESTART!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Sorry macgirl. I needed urgent help here. And no quickpwn was NOT used AT ALL!
the phone activated ON ITS OWN! CAN U BELIEVE THAT?
IT JUMPED FROM RESTORE TO SELF ACTIVATION IN JUST ONE RESTART!
It kind of does that if you have an AT&T SIM card in the phone, regardless of your plan. :rolleyes:

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
don't rool your eyes on me!
And no it doesn't do that.
Then please explain to me
HOW COME out of the billions of restores I did
to a single phone, the last one ended up activating
on its own?