iPhone 3G rocks, one minor issue

bacon_and_rice

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Hi everyone! Posting from my iPhone, I'm lacking sleep, must put down iPhone. Any how, I noticed the apps I downloaded were working, and now when I to these apps they open for 5 seconds then goes back to the home screen. I tried turning the iPhone off fully then turning it back on. This all worked before. Any help would be awesome!

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone! Posting from my iPhone, I'm lacking sleep, must put down iPhone. Any how, I noticed the apps I downloaded were working, and now when I to these apps they open for 5 seconds then goes back to the home screen. I tried turning the iPhone off fully then turning it back on. This all worked before. Any help would be awesome!
Try to do a restore, before you do so make sure you sync it to iTunes so it can make a backup or all the apps. You press and hold the home and power botton at the same time till you see the Apple and then let it go. If that does not work take it back to the store, remember you have 14 days from the day you got it.
Good Luck.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Try to do a restore, before you do so make sure you sync it to iTunes so it can make a backup or all the apps. You press and hold the home and power botton at the same time till you see the Apple and then let it go. If that does not work take it back to the store, remember you have 14 days from the day you got it.
Good Luck.
Well, they have 1 year - if it's malfunctioning....

Yes, I agree, try doing a restore and start the phone as new, not as a backup. Then reinstall your apps. That should do it.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I have found that if a app does not launch even after a reboot of the iPhone. I just remove the icon and DL it again. I notice the install on the iPhone does a lot better then the sync from iTunes.

bacon_and_rice

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
i'll give these all a shot. Gibby, per your input, if i reinstall texas holdem after deleting it, would i be forced to buy it again?

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
Good Luck.
i thought that we had 30 days now to return?

The Stig

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
att is 30 days to return it. says it right on the receipt.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
att is 30 days to return it. says it right on the receipt.

You're right. The iPhone 3G is not treated like the iPhone first gen by AT&T. Maybe if you buy it at Apple, you only have 14 days + restocking fee, but from AT&T you get 30 days.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
strange problem, if it keeps up id restore and if that don't work take a trip to Apple