iPhone 3G running very slow?

Jul 16, 2008
today, suddenly, my iPhone run very slow.
for example, after I opened the "setting" app, it will take about 1.5 - 2sec for the screen to appear.
going back to the main menu is fast, no problem.
It will take almost 2 seconds to load any app.
can any help me on this?

netsyd

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
www.steili.com
Reboot should set things right again for a while but there's no real fix I've found for this. Its a little better on firmware 5A347 but it still happens after the phone has been on for a while, so just restart the phone and move on.

I'd imagine Apple is already working on this because its a fairly common complaint affecting the 2.0 firmware, and since its happening on both iPV1 and iP3G devices I would venture to say its not a hardware problem...

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Reboot should set things right again for a while but there's no real fix I've found for this. Its a little better on firmware 5A347 but it still happens after the phone has been on for a while, so just restart the phone and move on.

I'd imagine Apple is already working on this because its a fairly common complaint affecting the 2.0 firmware, and since its happening on both iPV1 and iP3G devices I would venture to say its not a hardware problem...
i hope your right, i wanted to try and start a poll to see how many 2.0 users are experiencing lag.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Just LOL at all of this. "Reboot" So sad to see Apple eating all it's words regarding performance, stability and efficiency vs Windows Mobile.

netsyd

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
www.steili.com
Just LOL at all of this. "Reboot" So sad to see Apple eating all it's words regarding performance, stability and efficiency vs Windows Mobile.
Oh don't get me wrong here - still much better than most experiences I've had with Windows Mobile (and I've had a lot). I haven't had to hard reset yet ... used to have to do that all the time on WinMo.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
There is certainly a noticeable lag with 2.0. Not all the of the weird bugs are worked out yet but hopefully they will be soon.

The biggest lag I notice is within SMS. I often move on to the next word before the "word predictor" has a chance to display.

Jstick

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
There is certainly a noticeable lag with 2.0. Not all the of the weird bugs are worked out yet but hopefully they will be soon.

The biggest lag I notice is within SMS. I often move on to the next word before the "word predictor" has a chance to display.
thanks.

i had seen ppl talking about the sms lag, but i started to be concerned that it was something else only because of the lag while entering into my phonebook....that isn't large by any means.:(