iPhone 3G S vs Palm Pre Browser Face Off Video

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Just a single page, over WiFi, but still interesting to watch. There is something to that 'S'.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'll admit the iPhone 3G S is very fast. My wife has used the iPhone and then iPhone 3G before she moved to the BlackBerry yesterday. Let's say that she hears more than a earful about smartphones. After I shot the video, I suggested she give the 3G S a quick spin. Less than thrilled, she fired up her favorite celebrity gossip page. Her response, that was f'in fast. She's not the swearing type, but I guess that's what speed can do to you.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
I'll admit the iPhone 3G S is very fast. My wife has used the iPhone and then iPhone 3G before she moved to the BlackBerry yesterday. Let's say that she hears more than a earful about smartphones. After I shot the video, I suggested she give the 3G S a quick spin. Less than thrilled, she fired up her favorite celebrity gossip page. Her response, that was f'in fast. She's not the swearing type, but I guess that's what speed can do to you.

Thanks Chris, nice comparison. Not only is the iPhone way faster, the screen renders much better.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I love my 3GS but the Pre kicks it's ass on downloading the sites I use most.
On wifi.....and it's way worse on 3G.
I had a pre for 10 days. The time to download my sites on this 3G S doesn't compare to the Pre's I had. Consistently...every time! Deal with it.
(Total package tho, it's still no iPhone)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Well technically the 3GS hasn't hit its full potential since ATT is being lazy and not updating their end.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I love my 3GS but the Pre kicks it's ass on downloading the sites I use most.
On wifi.....and it's way worse on 3G.
I had a pre for 10 days. The time to download my sites on this 3G S doesn't compare to the Pre's I had. Consistently...every time! Deal with it.
(Total package tho, it's still no iPhone)

Wireless network and coverage will play a big part. As I noted on the homepage, CNET"s test yielded the opposite results.

I don't browser speed would influence someone one way or the other. Both phones are plenty fast.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Wireless network and coverage will play a big part. As I noted on the homepage, CNET"s test yielded the opposite results.

I don't browser speed would influence someone one way or the other. Both phones are plenty fast.
Right, I agree...multifactorial...but it really doesn't make any difference, the real world result: actual browsing experience: Pre wins ...easily.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
Go into a sprint store...check it out...simultaneously start 2 sites...ain't a contest.
And yeah, I want my iPhone wouldn't keep the pre!

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
anyone have or know where i can find video of 3g vs 3gs side by side loading apps and web pages?
i am finding the speeds i am seeing are almost the same, and actually 3g loads espn faster then 3gs, this is on #G network not wifi

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I was hoping someone had did this, because i know my results already LOL, i just wanted to see if it was only me who wasn't seeing a big change or no change at all.
I will try to dig out my camcorder and make a video to show, and hopefully someone else will do and maybe its just my connection

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
anyone have or know where i can find video of 3g vs 3gs side by side loading apps and web pages?
i am finding the speeds i am seeing are almost the same, and actually 3g loads espn faster then 3gs, this is on #G network not wifi
Here's Gizmodo's 3G vs 3GS in many areas including web pages.
http://gizmodo.com/5293388/iphone-3gs-review

nydmx

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
thank you very much, i also found one on you tube
i am going to post a new topic with link so everyone can see, its amazingly faster