iPhone 3G Saga-A British experience with o2

micirv7899

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Newcastle, UK
I like everyone one else was so elated about the iPhone 3g, having bought a V1 when they first came to mighty england i was impressed and decided on a 16 gb 3g iPhone straight away and i wanted a WHITE one.

So there i was friday morning at 6am, freezing standing next to other people all of whom wanted a 16gb iPhone.

Store was supposed to open at 0802, first o2 employee trots up at 0845, and tells us that this store is not an early open store even though on o2 website it states it is, ok first **** up!

They then didn't open till 0915, they let 3 customers in at a time, i was customer number 2, i asked to have my iPhone in my hand and i never let it go, not through the systems failure, the trainee i had serve ****ing up time and time again and not when the entire computer network died at 0940.

so needless to say i left o2 with one thing (no not the iPhone) but a promise, a promise that they would phone me to tell me that i could come and get my phone later that day ( it never happened!)

After waiting all day today for a phonecall i phoned customer services at 1300 and was told the computers were back on and to go my local store and get my phone, i did and guess what! yep u guessed it! the computers had died again:mad:

So i went home with one more thing a further promise, a promise to fulfill a young boys dream (im 29 but you know:laugh2:).

finally i got phone call at 1700, half an hour before store close, come in it s here waiting for you, the systems are back on again.:eek:

i raced up the store sat down at 1715 and awaited the return of my iPhone only to discover it wasn't white and was infact only 8gb:mad:

after 15 mins of argueing and sulking by myself, they actually found that they had 2 put aside for me and one was 16gb:laugh2::laugh2:

I walked away from that store feeling like a new man, and to top it all off the activation process, transfer and apps are all working like london prostitute high on coke.

anywhoo just a L.A oops sorry U.K story.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I like everyone one else was so elated about the iPhone 3g, having bought a V1 when they first came to mighty england i was impressed and decided on a 16 gb 3g iPhone straight away and i wanted a WHITE one.

So there i was friday morning at 6am, freezing standing next to other people all of whom wanted a 16gb iPhone.

Store was supposed to open at 0802, first o2 employee trots up at 0845, and tells us that this store is not an early open store even though on o2 website it states it is, ok first **** up!

They then didn't open till 0915, they let 3 customers in at a time, i was customer number 2, i asked to have my iPhone in my hand and i never let it go, not through the systems failure, the trainee i had serve ****ing up time and time again and not when the entire computer network died at 0940.

so needless to say i left o2 with one thing (no not the iPhone) but a promise, a promise that they would phone me to tell me that i could come and get my phone later that day ( it never happened!)

After waiting all day today for a phonecall i phoned customer services at 1300 and was told the computers were back on and to go my local store and get my phone, i did and guess what! yep u guessed it! the computers had died again:mad:

So i went home with one more thing a further promise, a promise to fulfill a young boys dream (im 29 but you know:laugh2:).

finally i got phone call at 1700, half an hour before store close, come in it s here waiting for you, the systems are back on again.:eek:

i raced up the store sat down at 1715 and awaited the return of my iPhone only to discover it wasn't white and was infact only 8gb:mad:

after 15 mins of argueing and sulking by myself, they actually found that they had 2 put aside for me and one was 16gb:laugh2::laugh2:

I walked away from that store feeling like a new man, and to top it all off the activation process, transfer and apps are all working like london prostitute high on coke.

anywhoo just a L.A oops sorry U.K story.
wow that last part count me off guard