iPhone 3G screen problem

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
Hey guys I just got my new iPhone 3g had to send my old one back because it was heating up too much and this new one seems to have a problem with the screen it's not flush on both sides on the right side it's more pushed in I could feel the Crome if I pass my finger on It. I did not have this problem with my first one
Does anyone else have the same problem ?
Sorry about the typos using my iPhone for this LOL

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
take it back and show the Apple or AT&T guy or whatever. It's brand new but has a manufacturer's defect. Shouldn't be a problem.

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
yes I thought of that too but man I would hate to loose everything I have on it "jailbroken"maybe I will use it for abit then return it so I get a new one when this one gets a little used up

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
LOL now you got me thinking of that...I have it in my C.E.O case sleve most of the time so I hope it's going to be ok

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I have the same prob and I took it to the Apple store and was told they have not any problems with this so they couldn't do anything about it.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
My 2nd iPhone had that problem, drove me crazy! .. However the dock connector wasn't flush either "You should check that!" and because of that I told them it would randomly drop connection to my mac, they then replaced it with iPhone #3

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
yes they are sending me a 3rd one today I told them that because it's not flush am scared to cut my hand on the side LOL....did you guys know that the replacement iPhone's are not brand new?
What's up with that it seems that Apple gives out refurbist iPhone to replace the one you have....that's what I was told by my service provider (fido) am from Canada.....did any of you guys get a new iPhone to replace your new iPhone LOL ?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
yes they are sending me a 3rd one today I told them that because it's not flush am scared to cut my hand on the side LOL....did you guys know that the replacement iPhone's are not brand new?
What's up with that it seems that Apple gives out refurbist iPhone to replace the one you have....that's what I was told by my service provider (fido) am from Canada.....did any of you guys get a new iPhone to replace your new iPhone LOL ?
I think when the iPhone 3G first came out, those who had problems with them and needed replacements were given new ones since there weren't any used ones to give back as refurbs. But now there are plenty of refurbs, but they are just as good as new ones, if not better.

ILL16GB

Oct 17, 2008
I hope so because the first refurb I got last week was in bad shape and that's why am sending it back....but I see what your saying makes Allot of sense

grnhockey

Nov 3, 2008
Hey guys I just got my new iPhone 3g had to send my old one back because it was heating up too much and this new one seems to have a problem with the screen it's not flush on both sides on the right side it's more pushed in I could feel the Crome if I pass my finger on It. I did not have this problem with my first one
Does anyone else have the same problem ?
Sorry about the typos using my iPhone for this LOL
I have this problem as well.... Also, does anyone who has a 3G have an air bubble in their screen? i have nothing on my screen, had an InvisibleShield but took it off, and just noticed a quarter inch sized air bubble in the bottom left part of the screen...any thoughts?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I had the infamous chrome bezel problem on my first iPhone. It was so off, that I had light leaking out from the left. The Apple store denied it it was an issue at all, yet their telephone support informed me it was a known problem worthy of a replacement phone. I filed a case with their phone people and presented that support number to the store, they had no choice but to replace the phone. It was a total pain though. The geeks at the nerd bar have no clue what they are talking about. Just as bad (if not worse) than the geeks at Best Buy. Wearing an Apple tshirt does not make you knowledgeable.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You got to be careful taking those protectors off (IS or Bodyguardz). They can actually shift the screen a little when you remove them. They are stuck on good. I've removed my Bodyguardz a couple of times and have made sure I held the screen tight when removing. Got to be careful taking that protection off, in case you contaminate anything ;)

Take your phone back to the store and get it switched over.

I have this problem as well.... Also, does anyone who has a 3G have an air bubble in their screen? i have nothing on my screen, had an InvisibleShield but took it off, and just noticed a quarter inch sized air bubble in the bottom left part of the screen...any thoughts?

grnhockey

Nov 3, 2008
okay thanks a lot.... yeah i cant stand it, its very irritating and doesn't look good haha. thanks again

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
okay thanks a lot.... yeah i cant stand it, its very irritating and doesn't look good haha. thanks again
Little imperfections drive me crazy. Especially with Gadgets that I spend a lot of money on. I expect them to be perfect. Not like it was a cheap flip phone.