iPhone 3G, SMS text wont work

jsak

Jul 14, 2008
hey all, finally found a good forum for iPhone 3g! :laugh2:

I recently got iPhone 3g, and im having hard time sms (txting) someone...

My scenario: we have a family talk of 1400 mins and no txt or email service, i lost my phone in six flags couple weeks ago ;) and thought of waiting for a while and gettin the 3g! which i did...now im not that good with txting and stuff, but did some reaserach and found how to sms someone so thought i will try txting to my dad's phone first (just a trial) i wrote a bogus message and clicked "send" it showed me a sending message, and after a while it said sended. now i took my dad's phone and checked his phone but he didn't received any msg from me. then i did same trial with a friend who use to txt message me a lot when i had my other phone working, i txted him and asked the day after if he got any msg or no, he said nope!

now im totally confused of why this is doing it! i remember the guy @ AT&T saying that iPhone 3g has unlimited txt and internet. so i would like to know something more abt iPhone and an answer of why this is happenening or what am i doing wrong!

P.S. this is not the aim message thing, this is the actually SMS text messages!

Thanks!

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hi, I don't have solution for your issue, but as far as I know, you won't have SMS texting included your data plan package, unless you ALSO add unlimited Texting in your plan on top of unlimited data package.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
Don't listen to AT&T people, if your just paying $30 for 3G internet, you don't have any SMS text messages..

Its $5 for 200, $15 for 1500, and $20 for unlimited. However I don't know why your dad or friend didn't get them, you can still send SMS messages even if you don't have a plan for like $0.40 each..

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
yeah I think you may have been misinformed. I don't think the 3G data plan includes unlimited txt messages, thats separate from the data plan. Also, I remember hearing awhile back, that you can ask AT&T to shut off the receiving and sending of txt messages, you just have to call them and ask to do so. I don't know if they still do it, but I know they did as of 2 yrs ago or so. Maybe since you are on a family plan, your mom or dad called in and had them shut off?