iPhone 3G Stock in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by Fakepieces, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Fakepieces

Fakepieces New Member

Hi Everyone,
    So i bought this iPhone that was suppose to be unlocked and jailbreaked version 3.1.2
    but i got the phone with the update 3.1.3. I try to downgrade and I got it to work i got error code that i was suppose to get which is (1005) but now I have the phone in recovery mode. Dose anyone by any chance know how can i get this phone out of recovery mode without using iTunes. please i try many ways but is useless.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, you'll have to restore it in iTunes. If it was running a stock 3.1.3, the modem firmware/baseband was updated. You can downgrade the firmware, but not the baseband, so you won't be able to unlock it.

Did you check the modem firmware prior to restoring?

3. Trilogy7

Trilogy7 New Member

I'm a new iPhone user- we bought a used 3G and it's been working fine. We synchronize almost daily (which starts with a full backup, if I understand things correctly).

However, when I tried to update to the latest s/w this AM, it went into recovery mode after showing me an error message indicating there might be a problem with my USB port. [It said to follow the trouble shooting steps for Error 1604.] The phone is locked up and is showing the graphic for connecting to iTunes.

iTunes is showing me a Restore button on my computer screen. Will this allow me to restore from my latest backup? I'm afraid to click Restore for fear it may not be recognizing that I have previously backed it up as part of syncing.

Can I do the Restore from another computer that has iTunes installed (that is, are the backups actually on an Apple server somewhere, rather than on the local computer)?

Thanks,
    Chuck

4. Trilogy7

Trilogy7 New Member

Called Apple support. They had me restore the phone back to factory settings using a different computer. Then he had me plug the phone into the computer that I had been syncing it on. It recognized it and allowed me to restore my most recent backup. So, apparently all's well that ends well. It seems to be fine again.

Case closed!

5. norfolkmick

norfolkmick New Member

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I just won a iPhone 3G from Flee bay, it was unlocked and jail broken,(and was working) but i plugged it in to iTunes to change the music, and it said it needed to be updated so i clicked ok (as you do) and waited only to to find it said it cant be restored error 1015 and all i get now on the screen is the usb picture that says connect to iTunes I have tried updating iTunes to the latest version, and trying it on another computer, and have tried various "fixes" on youtube but to no success, can someone help recommend a fix that might actually work, ps i don't know what program they used to break it i have asked the seller but they haven't got back to me yet.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Cheers in advance
    NM

6. applejailescape

Gold

Have you used tiny umbrella and tried kicking it out of recovery mode?

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You need to download RecBoot. This will clear the iTunes error 1015. Enjoy.

8. applejailescape

Gold

Is that just for Mac? Or is a windows version available?!

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's available for OSX, Windows and Linux.

:p

10. applejailescape

Gold

Nice 1 just checking ;)

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's a handy tool to have.

12. norfolkmick

norfolkmick New Member

I am running windows 7 64 bit, i have managed to load reeboot but it says i need libusb but the one in the folder wont load on a 64bit system as its for 32bit.
    does any one know of a version of libusb for windows 7 64?
    cheers

NM

13. Burntsyrup

Burntsyrup New Member

I think the latest beta of redsn0w has a tool for that built in

14. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

As we are talking about RecBoot, it has recently been updated to version 2.1

15. norfolkmick

norfolkmick New Member

Hi guys,
    Sorry I have been offline for a couple of days, with the New Year thing.
    Right to bring you up to speed. I changed to a vista based computer as I thought it would be easier,
    right I have downloaded the following
    Tiny umbrella
    Forecast
    IREB
    Snowbreeze
    ok heres the good bit I managed to find a firmware that would work with Isnow, and that allowed me to run IREB which gave me a green screen, which in turn allowed me to install the CFW on to the iPhone, with the message successfuly restored to original settings and will apear in iTunes after it reboots.
    But the iPhone goes to reboot and then just comes up with the snowflake Apple logo,
    when I tried to use Tinyumbrella there was no sign of any SHSH blob, so I never saved any of this before plugging it in to iTunes as I thought it was a straight update. and when I use snow forcast it dosent even pick up the iPhone.
    So my questions are
    1. is my Phone goosed? or is it not rebooting because I don't have a SHSH blob available?
    2. Can I get a SHSH blob from anywhere to activate the upgrade and then make my own?
    PS. I have no Idea what baseband this is running or what it was jailbroken with originaly, as I am all new to this but I feel that im learning fast, but im still a beginner LOL
    Cheers in advance for any help
    NM

16. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Is the phone detected by Tiny Umbrella? If so, hit the kick out of recovery button.

17. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Hold the Sleep button and home button until the Apple logo pops up ;)

18. alpine3g

alpine3g Member
    Bronze

I jailbroke my 3G on 4.2.1 using Redsnow and now its stuck in recovery mode. Ive tried Tinyumberlla to kick it out but no success.

I used the instructions on the Dev teams website, everything seemed to load correctly but cant seem to get out of recovery. Im hoping someone can help.

Oh I used redsnow 0.9.6rc8 to jailbreak and added the iPads baseband as it was instructed on the website.

19. DZSlasher

DZSlasher Member
    Bronze

Download recboot to kick it out of recovery mode. It works well. Additionally, what OS are you using?

20. alpine3g

alpine3g Member
    Bronze

I did and still no go. Goes right back to recovery mode.