iPhone 3G stuck in DFU?

blamat45

Jun 19, 2008
I accidentally put my 3g into dfu mode without it connected to iTunes. And I cant get out of dfu mode please help.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I accidentally put my 3g into dfu mode without it connected to iTunes. And I cant get out of dfu mode please help.
You cannot get out of DFU mode: Once you're in DFU, you HAVE to restore.

DFU and Recovery mode are 2 different things. It's easy to get out of Recovery mode... you can use ZiPhone for example to select "Normal Boot". Please don't confuse DFU mode with Recovery... it's different.

blamat45

Jun 19, 2008
Well I followed a video on youtube to put it in DFU mode to restore so I did it as he was doing it and when I did it I realized I was not connect to iTunes. The screen is totally black.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Well I followed a video on youtube to put it in DFU mode to restore so I did it as he was doing it and when I did it I realized I was not connect to iTunes. The screen is totally black.
The video is correct. Why did you feel the need to put your iPhone into DFU mode? When I downgraded from 2.0 to 1.1.4, I had to put the iPhone into DFU mode to bypass the OS. Otherwise, I wasn't able to restore.

With your iPhone connected to iTunes, hold the Home button until iTunes detects.

blamat45

Jun 19, 2008
Well its plugged into my computer, but when I hold the Home button it does nothing.

I was trying to Jailbreak it. But Im not going to try it again because of this.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Well its plugged into my computer, but when I hold the Home button it does nothing.

I was trying to Jailbreak it. But Im not going to try it again because of this.
You need to keep holding the button for what seems like a long time (15-20 seconds). Try holding it then re-connect to your computer while still holding the button.

blamat45

Jun 19, 2008
You need to keep holding the button for what seems like a long time (15-20 seconds). Try holding it then re-connect to your computer while still holding the button.
No, sorry it still wont connect. I'll keep trying that, but what do I do if it never works

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
No, sorry it still wont connect. I'll keep trying that, but what do I do if it never works
It will. If it still won't connect, push the sleep/wake button and Home buttons at the same time, and hold for about 30 seconds. Let go of the sleep/wake button, but continue to hold the Home button for another 15-20 seconds. While still holding the Home button, connect back to your computer.

hepa442

Jan 30, 2010
iPhone 3g blackra1n help

can someone please help me i tried to jail brake my iPhone 3g using blackra1n and it said waiting for reboot and the geohot picture came up but the iPhone's screen went black and it wont do anything else. can some please help me with this issue asap. thanks

J

jake1496

many Chinese shanzai phones is fashioned after the latest iPhone model; they are cheap and also have powerful functions. You can find tons of them at Amazon or sourcinggate.com and some websites like that. But I really really like the expensive legal and original iPhone more as a fan of Apple.