iPhone 3G suddenly reboots

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Over the last few days, my wifes iPhone will suddenly turn off and reboot. It happens mostly when making calls, but has also happened when trying to send text or checking email. Screen goes black, the Apple logo pops up, and after a few seconds, it shows the connect to iTunes screen. From there, I can soft reset and it goes back to normal. Any ideas? I am doing a restore now, so hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks in advance!

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
restore should fix the issue. i was actually having some issues a few weeks ago with mine much like yours. it would just freeze up so i would have to reboot it, and upon reboot i would get the "connect to iTunes" screen. a restore was all it took for mine to get back working properly.

just a question, is the iPhone jailbroken or unlocked?

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Well, I guess the issue was worse than I originally thought. When I tried to restore, the iPhone died, and would not reboot. So I ran down to the Apple Store, and to my surprise, he found that the moisture strip near the dock was bright red. While my wife swears it never got wet, the strip tells a different story. HOWEVER, I was informed that starting today, Apple Stores will replace out of warranty issues, like my wifes wet 8 GB iPhone, for $199. Apparently this started today, and I assume it is so they can get rid of current 3G stock in preps for the (possible) new iPhone in June. Regardless, I was happy I did not have to pay $400.