iPhone 3G Thickness

inletdoc

Jan 11, 2007
Does anyone know if the new 3G iPhone will still fit in the docks for most music players like the bose sound system etc. or is it too thick?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Well I know that it doesn't fit in the v1's dock which is annoying because now they don't give you a dock and you can't use the other one. As for other docks, I heard that many accessories for iPods and v1 don't work anymore.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
i think they will still fit, it may not be 'prefect' but may have room to spare. I have also found the only ipod radios that will charge the iPhone are Memorex's. I tried all the others and it simply says 'This device is not made for iPhone' or something like that, with no charging at all (but will play music through it fine). But every memorex I tried charged and played fine. Hope this helps!

I think the best bet is to go to a store with them displayed, and try your phone out in them (its what I had to do). Esp. if you wanna buy a more expensive player.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Yeah, it fits docks designed to support multiple ipod device versions. It only doesn't fit the original iPhone doc because that doc is form fitted precisely to the iPhone body.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I have also found the only ipod radios that will charge the iPhone are Memorex's. I tried all the others and it simply says 'This device is not made for iPhone' or something like that, with no charging at all (but will play music through it fine). But every memorex I tried charged and played fine. Hope this helps!

I think the best bet is to go to a store with them displayed, and try your phone out in them (its what I had to do). Esp. if you wanna buy a more expensive player.
I'm assuming you are talking about 3G iPhone here...?
Sorry just want to make sure because I am considering getting one myself if Memorex's really work on charging.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I tried all the others and it simply says 'This device is not made for iPhone' or something like that, with no charging at all (but will play music through it fine). But every memorex I tried charged and played fine.
Oh yeah, that's a good point. I have an iPod connector for my car stereo. But the opposite occurs for me, it won't connect the radio head to the iPhone like an iPod but it will at least charge it.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
iPhone3G will fit some accessories. However, if that accessory is some sort of speaker system, there is a chance of getting interference--weird sounds blending into the speaker output. This is because these original accessories may not be shielded against the different frequencies that 3G uses.

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
I'm assuming you are talking about 3G iPhone here...?
Sorry just want to make sure because I am considering getting one myself if Memorex's really work on charging.
yep, im talking about the 3g. my hubby has the original iPhone and his charges in pretty much any ipod docking padio...but mine didn't work on the one we have already (its an icraig). but yep, worked in all memorex's :laugh2:

TechnoPhobicGurl

Bronze
Jun 23, 2008
iPhone3G will fit some accessories. However, if that accessory is some sort of speaker system, there is a chance of getting interference--weird sounds blending into the speaker output. This is because these original accessories may not be shielded against the different frequencies that 3G uses.
yeah, to me, it seemed like the higher priced ipod radios were better on reducing the interference, and the cheaper ones were pretty bad with not reducing at all. it was just my experience though....I still highly suggest just trying out the displays at the stores---plus its fun ;)