iPhone 3G to agent stores?

kfl989

May 16, 2008
I heard something about the new iPhone being sold in agent stores? Is this true? any links on it or anything.

00vdub

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I would love to know as well! Please someone let us know!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
What are agent stores? In the US, the only places selling the iPhone will be ATT and Apple stores.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
O Kaaaaaay. Guess I'm a little slow today.
Dumb me thought it might be a store in a foreign country.:laugh2:
lol I still don't know what agent stores are. The only thing I do know is AT&T and Apple are the only places you can buy in the US :p

Shakes

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
North West Indiana
www.digitaljargon.com
An agent store is a store not owned by ATT. There are stores around here that sell ATT, Verizon, and Sprint phones. These are agent stores. They are ran by a third party. Also a lot of mall kiosks are not ran by ATT. Those are also agent stores.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Well then that becomes a good question. I would guess they will sell the V2 phone. Maybe just not get as many. Don't really know though.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't like agent stores because the phones are usually more expensive in their, than they are in the corporate stores.
-Buts its understandable because when you OWN an agent store you gotta make a profit so its plausible that the phones would cost more

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Now that I know what an agent store is...

The agent stores do not have the iPhone. I have an agent store near me and I had to go to the ATT corp store to get my iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I heard something about the new iPhone being sold in agent stores? Is this true? any links on it or anything.
No. Only corporately-owned AT&T stores will have the iPhone 3G. That cuts out Wal*Mart, Best Buy, Radio Shack, and all the AT&T agency stores. The only non-AT&T stores that get residuals will be the Apple stores.