iPhone 3G Unlocked can't use T-Mobile Data plan - Help?

Jul 24, 2007
Hey All,

I have a iPhone 3G on 3.0 Firmware jailbreak'd and Unlocked on a T-Mobile Data plan.

I can make calls, text and use the WIFI but I can't browse the internet without using the WIFI and on my Data.

I'm on the Blackberry unlimited data (which includes unlimited internet, text messages, mms, email). If you needed that information.

thanks!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
IDK, Maybe T-Mobile needs to enable data for the iPhone (different plan rate for an iPhone than a BB)? Give them a call in the morning. It also might just take a while to go through. I put a prepaid t-mobile sim in mine today, and phone calls worked right away, but it took it at least 15 minutes before I got a notification saying that data wasn't enabled because i didn't have a data plan (no data plan with the prepaid sim's, just minutes).

Jun 30, 2009
i have the same with tmobile, turn off your 3G (because it wont wrk with tmobile anyways ) and turn DATA ROAMING on in settings.

Jul 24, 2007
i have the same with tmobile, turn off your 3G (because it wont wrk with tmobile anyways ) and turn DATA ROAMING on in settings.
Where are you located?

Data Roaming won't affect my bill or charges would it?

Jun 30, 2009
oh yes , and the setting for tmobile data is this SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK>CELLULAR DATA NETWORK>APN = internet2.voicestream.com one you set that and turn off 3G and turn Data Roaming on you should be good to go :)

Jun 30, 2009
you need data roaming turned on to access net and cydia, if you have the data plan it wont affect your bill, just make sure you use the APN settings i posted, leave user and password blank, just fill in APN with internet2.voicestream.com ...i'm in chicago and using tmobile :)

chrisdpham

Jul 24, 2007
Yeah it worked in a sense but the correct APN for the blackberry data is

APN: wap.voicestream.com

Jun 30, 2009
wow, weird, anybody know the data apn setting for att? cant use wifi at an internet cafe to get to cydia, probably because the jailbreak undid the original data apn settings for att