iPhone 3G updated to 3.0 problem

brokenman

Jun 19, 2009
Hey guys...i have an iPhone 3g 16gb that was unlocked to use any carrier with version 2.2....I updated to 3.0 but then my iPhone keeps on saying connect to iTunes....showing the cable connecting to the iTunes cd on the screen. When i connect it to iTunes....it says " The sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported, Only compatible sim cards can be used to activate the iPhone. Which means it's askin for an AT&T sim card which i don't have. Is there anyway to activate the iPhone so i can get to the home screen on the iPhone? And a question for those who have updated to 3.0...did you guys use an At&t sim card to activate or did you use any other methods of activating?

tHe KiNg

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Well my man, you have two choices:

Either

1.Wait till the 3.0 is unlocked.(from DevTeam)

or

2.Downgrade your iPhone, and download a theme to make it look like 3.0
but in the same time it will be an older version. Which then you'll be able to make calls.

CHEERS ! :cool:

brokenman

Jun 19, 2009
can i downgrade from the official 3.0 back to 2.2?

tHe KiNg

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I think, but i'm not sure. That if you had the older version of iTunes,
you can downgrade by holding (SHIFT) while clicking the upgrade button..

Try it, and tell me how it works out..

good luck.

know1uno

Bronze
Mar 28, 2009
Well I upgrade to 3.0 and during the upgrade, it crashed. Luckily I had all my stuff backed up, yet I still had to re-upload all my music, for about the 4th time. UGH !

Also, on the text messaging button/menu, it no longer says SMS, I think that is what it used to say. Is this normal?

tHe KiNg

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Well I upgrade to 3.0 and during the upgrade, it crashed. Luckily I had all my stuff backed up, yet I still had to re-upload all my music, for about the 4th time. UGH !

Also, on the text messaging button/menu, it no longer says SMS, I think that is what it used to say. Is this normal?

Yeah, it's okay..

That's how the 3.0 originally looks like... Have Fun !