iPhone 3G using on T mobile how to..

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by whiteaudi, Sep 26, 2011.

1. whiteaudi

whiteaudi Member

Hi,

It's been more than a year since I jailbroke my iPhone 3G to use it on T mobile network.
    since than I haven't touch anything.
    week ago my iPhone is dead and never came back. ( dead battery?)
    so I found my other 3G phone to use it.
    It works with sim card exchange. ( i guess I jailbroke this phone too.)

My question is what program is out there to jailbreak and use it on T mobile theseday.
    I am lost in a space now. last time i used blackra1n or something.

I am getting old and can't keep up with these tech. lol.

Someone please help locate program and instructions.

PS version 3.1.2 ( 7d11)
    modem firmware 05.11.07

Thanks

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You can only update the iPhone 3G to iOS 4.2.1. which is jailbreakable. You can use tools like Sn0wbreeze, Pwnage Tool, Greenpois0n or Redsn0w.

You will then need to install the iPad's baseband if you want to update to 4.2.1. The iPad's baseband is unlockable by installing, Ultrasn0w via Cydia.

For a guide on how to use Redsn0w and update to the iPad's baseband follow this guide: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-update-iphone-3gs-3g-baseband-to-06.15.00-with-redsn0w-0.9.6b5-for-ios-4.2.1-unlock/

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iPhone Unlock section.

4. whiteaudi

whiteaudi Member

"You can only update the iPhone 3G to iOS 4.2.1. which is jailbreakable." how to do? where to do it?
    again I am lost. I now don't know what to do at all.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

4.2.1 is the final firmware for the iPhone 3G. If you update to a stock 4.2.1 firmware in iTunes, you'll also update the baseband and then you'll need to install the iPad baseband to unlock it. It has a couple drawbacks so I recommend preserving your current baseband instead (since you aren't in a position where you have to use the iPad baseband). You can make a custom firmware with a preserved baseband with Pwnage Tool (Mac) or sn0wbreeze (PC) and then unlock with ultrasn0w.
    http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-preserve-baseband-jailbreak-and-unlock-iphone-4-3gs-3g-on-ios-4.2.1-using-pwnagetool-4.2-sn0wbreeze-2.2-video/