iPhone 3G vs. Blackberry Storm

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
The fonts are customizeable in the Blackberry OS. I agree the interface isn't yet quite as pretty as the iPhones but it is much more impressive than previous BlackBerry's such as the Curve, 8800 series, etc. OS 4.6 and 4.7 are very slick interfaces.

I've been using the Bold for 3 weeks now and I think it is the second nicest interface I have used next to of course the iPhone. But interface and browsing is the iPhone's main selling points-i don't see anybody beating it in that category for a while.

The good thing about the Storm, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, is it puts pressure on Apple to add new features and continue to improve the iPhone. Myself, I think the Storm is a beast and while the iPhone has some advantages, overall the Storm blows the iPhone out of the water. I haven't been this excited about a phone, well, since the iPhone came out. Competition is good for everyone. I fully expect Apple to respond to the Storm in some way. Hopefully more functionality with the email app, file attachments (saving/attaching to emails), and of course it wouldn't be a thread without mentioning copy/paste.
That is my mistake, I never had a Blackberry and rarely use them so I did not know, every time I did look at one, had a very ugly font. I think it is going to be interesting when this comes out.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I'll probably get roasted for this but the iPhone is a toy compared to the Storm-and there is nothing wrong with that.

As far as your last paragraph, I agree I love what I can do with the iPhone but I don't see anything that you can do with the iPhone that the Storm can't do. The Safari browser may work a bit smoother when it isn't crashing, but I have to say, I've had a BB Bold for a few weeks now and the browser is pretty slick. The Storm's is supposed to be better. Safari on the iPhone still sets the standard for web browsing but others are gaining and the Storm is not only an email powerhouse but multimedia should be very capable as well just as it is on my BB Bold.

If multimedia and web browsing is still your main concern however and you can live without MMS copy/paste, and BB email there really isn't a reason to make the switch.
Aggie,
I think you are trying to out do me in hot phones purchased in one year. I have stayed pretty calm this year nothing has really interested and moved me. I did get an HTC Diamond last week and I am waiting for the arrival of my G1 (Google phone on Oct 22nd) (T-Mobile assured me the delivery date will be 10-22) I will be so pissed off if it is a day late:eek:. Other than that I haven't bought much this year other than computers. The phone makers are going to have to kick things up a notch I'm bored. Have a good weekend my friend...Mark:laugh2:

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
The Storm would be my next phone if it had WiFi.
My experiences with Verizons EVDO service here in Arizona have been nothing but positive. In fact, I didn't miss it. Their EVDO coverage is just that good, at least here in southern arizona. I am thankful to have WIFI built into my iPhone, although the AT&T's coverage is good here at my house, it is no where near as reliable as Verizons EVDO. AT&T is doing a great job at playing catchup, so it's just a matter of time.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
i've been drooling over the Touch HD for a while. That was a major blow to me as well. I'm sure it'll be available from all the resellers such as mobilecityonline, tigerdirect, newegg, etc....but no US 3g kills the thing for me.

I see no reason for them to completely dump WM for Android, especially in its native state. There are still too many omissions to me at this point. WM really gets a bad rap, its not all that bad. Not really my thing, but I never found it horrible even with a little lag here and there. You can always customize it to your liking.
I heard that Sprint will have the HTC Touch HD in December.. Mark

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I heard that Sprint will have the HTC Touch HD in December.. Mark
Nope, it's not officially coming to the US:

HTC have no plans to bring flagship WM6.1 smartphone the HTC Touch HD to the US, citing engineering issues in supporting the 3G HSDPA and HSUPA bands. In a Twitter message today, HTC revealed that the smartphone - which has a 3.8-inch WVGA touchscreen and was already being hailed as the biggest threat to Apple’s iPhone 3G - will never officially be imported into the US, because by the time they developed a new version the handset would be obsolete.

Quote from Chris Davies of Slashgear

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I hope so too because if Apple wants to stay on top of the smartphone market, they need to step it up because if it had all the features of the Storm, for example, plus all the stuff it can currently do, it would be unbeatable by any other phone out there, IMO.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I hope so too because if Apple wants to stay on top of the smartphone market, they need to step it up because if it had all the features of the Storm, for example, plus all the stuff it can currently do, it would be unbeatable by any other phone out there, IMO.
I agree, without question if will continue to hold a strong lead. It just amazes me that they haven't gotten C&P, MMS, Video Record to be standard features on this phone. Simply amazing! ... Kind of like when they first released the touch and gave it a calendar that you couldn't add dates to. And then later said "oh yeah, here are the missing features .. for a fee." .. I think I would pay a fee to have a Apple Native video recording application, C&P and MMS. Let's just hope our dear friends at Apple get it together quickly.