iPhone 3G vs. Instinct - Video

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
Its hillarious watching how many times that guy has to touch the screen to hit one link on the instinct.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
Waaaah! I want to be faster than Instinct. Why is there always some kind of compromise?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Forget about the Instinct. It's nothing compared to the new Samsung Omnia that is about to come out on AT&T soon. That is a phone worth waiting for.

I'm still waiting for my 3G iPhone (backordered with AT&T), but I will definitely be getting the Omnia when it comes out.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'm pretty much sold on the iPhone OS at this point. I'll keep an open mind, though. I'm hoping/expecting that network issues will be resolved either by the jailbreak community or AT&T.

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
OMG.... what is it with all these iPhone wannabes... no phone is going to kill the iPhone 1/2 until possibly the 3 comes out... Thank God for Apple introducing this JesusPhone... it's a wake up call for all phone makers to stay on top of their game... even if other phones could do MMS/copy paste etc... the iPhone OS can't be touch.... GTFH instinct will be extinct soon enough... LMAO@voyager also

and I don't even care for Apple products....

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
It's incredible what a brilliant UI does for a phone. The Instinct was abysmal. It acts like a prototype touchscreen. Awful.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
That guy has sketchy 3G coverage in his area. He admitted that before. That might affect speeds.

And, what's good about SPEED when you have a HORRIBLE browsing experience?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
That browser looks terrible + small.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
That's very true. You simply cannot beat the web browser on the iPhone. Google's operating system (Android) might be a good match for the iPhone's web browser, but we have to wait for that to come out.

I'm not a big fan of Apple products (way over priced), but the iPhone does have an amazing GUI. Simple, yet very effective.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
OMG during the test the guy had to press the instinct's screen ATLEAST 3x every time he tried to press something!

iPhone's touch screen> every smartphones touchscreen(Including Instinct)

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
That test isn't accurate, iPhone 3G has half bars compared to Instinct DUH Instinct is faster!

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
that Samsung Omnia is pretty much like the iPhone but has captured video and mms capabilities. Not to mention a better standard GPS and camera. But iPhone has a name for itself. Omnia still has yet to be seen here stateside.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Does this guy make money doing these reviews? Disclaimer of accuracy or not, that was just a horrible side-by-side comparison. I won't bother listing the many things that are... just bad... about that review.

Just smile and nod your head, iPhone users.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
that Samsung Omnia is pretty much like the iPhone but has captured video and mms capabilities. Not to mention a better standard GPS and camera. But iPhone has a name for itself. Omnia still has yet to be seen here stateside.
What's better about the Omnia's GPS? Turn-by-turn? TeleNav is making turn-by-turn for the iPhone.

It has better statistical camera. Might even have autofocus. But, I've learned to take GREAT pictures with the iPhone and I'm not shooting at a full 2MP (to make it upload to Flickr faster).

I think the Omnia's good for people that need a better camera than other features. Good for parents who take pictures/videos of their kids.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
At least the Omnia's GUI doesn't look like the Instict's Commodore 64 look. It's more like the Commodore Amiga now. :laugh2:

I'll say it has a great camera. If you ***** about the iPhone's camera, go get an Omnia. Otherwise, it's still an iPhone knockoff right down to the silver bezel.