iPhone 3G will not charge/turn on properly. Please help!

For some reason my iPhone 3g is stuck on the screen where there is a battery with minimal level, with a lightning bolt symbol underneath it.

http://i51.tinypic.com/xdczrs.png

It won't charge on the wall charger nor the computer, its been stuck on that screen all day.
It is unlocked/jailbroken, so I'm trying to do anything BUT restore it, because I don't want it to lock back up again.
Plus, I don't want all of my things to erase.
please help me, I need this fixed fast!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You don't back it up in iTunes? If you do, you just apply the backup after restoring. You could try a hard reset, but you'll probably have to restore it if that doesn't work. Press the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds. If it doesn't boot, you can shift + restore it without locking it by using a jailbreak tool to create a custom firmware with a preserved baseband.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Are you using the same USB charging cable on the computer and wall charger...? if yes try a different cable...make sure the bottom charging port on your iPhone is clear of any "fluff" in the corners....my old 2G suffered terrible charging problems due to this....I use a pin to clean out, deep in the corners