iPhone 3G will not cooperate! HELP!

Nov 13, 2008
My recently purchased iPhone 3g will not appear on iTunes when i plug it in to my windows vista. when i put it into recovery mode, nothing happens. same thing w/ DFU mode! i was in the process of jailbreaking it when quicckpwn just froze and my iPhone said to plug into iTunes (as it was in recovery mode obviously) what do i do?!?!?!? help!

P.S. Should i just bring it to my AT&T store to get it restored there?
because the nearest Apple store is a few (300-400) miles away

My recently purchased iPhone 3g will not appear on iTunes when i plug it in to my windows vista. when i put it into recovery mode, nothing happens. same thing w/ DFU mode! i was in the process of jailbreaking it when quicckpwn just froze and my iPhone said to plug into iTunes (as it was in recovery mode obviously) what do i do?!?!?!? help!
make sure you are putting your iPhone into dfu mode correctly... i have done this many times
heres a link to show you how
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Nov 13, 2008
these are almost the exact instructions i used... at the moment im typing on a mac OS 10.3 which with my luck does not support iPhone 3g so i cant exactly try them out again but any more suggestions

these are almost the exact instructions i used... at the moment im typing on a mac OS 10.3 which with my luck does not support iPhone 3g so i cant exactly try them out again but any more suggestions
try restarting your computer and then plugging your phone in... you're on the latest iTunes right?

Nov 13, 2008
im on iTunes 8 and im pretty sure its as up to date as it can be.... also i tried jailbreaking my iPhone before this time (probably 4 days ago) and it completly crapped up my phone. it was slower than mollasses dripping! i had to wait 5 minutes sometimes just to flick to my other homescreens!obviouslt i restored it and stayed JB free for a while, but i just couldnt take it! whyy was this so slow and if i try and JB'n again will it be as slow or was that a one time deal?

im on iTunes 8 and im pretty sure its as up to date as it can be.... also i tried jailbreaking my iPhone before this time (probably 4 days ago) and it completly crapped up my phone. it was slower than mollasses dripping! i had to wait 5 minutes sometimes just to flick to my other homescreens!obviouslt i restored it and stayed JB free for a while, but i just couldnt take it! whyy was this so slow and if i try and JB'n again will it be as slow or was that a one time deal?
ive had my phone jailbroken since i got it and there hasn't been any major lag like you have stated... maybe once you're done with this ordeal you can try again and see if its the same

Nov 13, 2008
ok... thnx! you seem to know your stuff with Apple, is there any way around the "payment option" as i don't have a credit card because well i cant legally own one...er yah...sucks! (in some ways) anyways is there a way to bypass that and still be able to download the free apps?

ok... thnx! you seem to know your stuff with Apple, is there any way around the "payment option" as i don't have a credit card because well i cant legally own one...er yah...sucks! (in some ways) anyways is there a way to bypass that and still be able to download the free apps?
thanks... well what i did was just used my moms card to make the account but i don't use her card to purchase things... i use iTunes giftcards :)

Nov 13, 2008
yah i tried that route but, my parents will never let me "borrow" their # beccause my step brother subscribed to a ringtone website using their cc # so now they wont let me... i tried researching and might have found something here but its from canada so.... idk if its ligit. in USA...?

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
You can buy iTunes gift cards almost anywhere now. Maybe that's a good option for you.

Nov 13, 2008
ok this morning, I tried rebooting my vista, and that worked! Thnx so much! Obviously if I was smart enough I would have realized that simple task would help.... Anyways thnx for your help you don't know how much trouble I could have been in with my parents because they didn't want me to get an iPhone from the start as they heard of it having a few problems like frozen screens and what not... Thnx!

ok this morning, I tried rebooting my vista, and that worked! Thnx so much! Obviously if I was smart enough I would have realized that simple task would help.... Anyways thnx for your help you don't know how much trouble I could have been in with my parents because they didn't want me to get an iPhone from the start as they heard of it having a few problems like frozen screens and what not... Thnx!
no problem i'm glad you got your issue resolved... don't be a stranger to the forums... you can find a ton of useful information on this site

Nov 13, 2008
how did you jailbreak your iPhone 3g i tried using ziPhone(which didn't even start to work) and then went to quickpwn and tried that 2 times

how did you jailbreak your iPhone 3g i tried using ziPhone(which didn't even start to work) and then went to quickpwn and tried that 2 times
if you need help i can help ya out...whatever you do, don't leave iTunes open when you are using quickpwn...