iPhone 3G with iPad Baseband Restore Problem

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I am stumped. I cannot for the life of me get an iPhone 3G with the iPads baseband out of Recovery Mode.

I am gradually losing patience with it. I think I've tried everything, I'm seeing all of the usual errors and I'm still not able to boot the phone.

iPhone 3G on iOS 4.2.1.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I am stumped. I cannot for the life of me get an iPhone 3G with the iPads baseband out of Recovery Mode.

I am gradually losing patience with it. I think I've tried everything, I'm seeing all of the usual errors and I'm still not able to boot the phone.

iPhone 3G on iOS 4.2.1.
Mindi might be able to help you there. I know she recently spent several hours with a friend's iPhone on a problem like this. I'm not sure if it was a 3G or 3GS, though.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If it has a 4.2.1 SHSH on file, edit your hosts file, restore to a stock 4.2.1 ipsw two times in a row, then kick it out of recovery mode with Fix Recovery or RecBoot, jailbreak and hacktivate with limera1n and unlock with ultrasn0w.

If it doesn't have any SHSHs on file, use a custom 4.2.1 made with Pwnage Tool and DFU mode.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Mindi, tried all of that. I'm starting to think it may be because I'm using iTunes beta, thoughts? I'm going to check everything again, try everything again and I'll see what happens. This is probably the most annoying problem I've ever had. I've done this hundreds of times yet the phone sits there and laughs at me in recovery mode. Grrr!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You keep getting 1015, right? Are you trying two restores in a row with nothing in between? If you've already done that, it may be the iTunes beta. Good luck!

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
My 3gs suffered the same problem john. It took me a week to get it back up and running. Check this thread out ( I used this and it worked a charm for me)
Not sure if it can be done with Pwnage Tool though, seeing I used windows. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I actually gave up last night. Frustration got the better of me. I'll take a look at your thread and attempt to fix it again tonight.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It took me six hours to fix my colleague's 3GS (iPad baseband) a few weeks ago. She knew nothing about it other than it was unlocked when she bought it, so I was going in blindly. I almost gave up several times, but I had a tiny hopeful sign every hour or so that kept me going. The first sign of progress was three hours into it when some code for greenpois0n flashed on the iPhone screen. It was frustrating, but it felt to give it back to her unlocked and ready to go. (y)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'll get it going again, I'm sure of it. It's just a question of when. I'm so busy all the time and a friend is in need of it. Why can't things be simple anymore? There are so many prerequisites nowadays. :cry: