iPhone 3G won't email pics..

blewis1984

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Everytime I try to email a pic from my iPhone, a message will pop up a couple minutes later saying "Photo delivery failed".

And I missing something?

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
how did you attach a pic in the first place?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
It will do it, something is just going wrong. I think my V1 did the same thing once when I first got it.

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
mine does the same thing then about an hour later my wife or whoever I am sending the pic to there e-mail on there iPhone starts getting flooded big time. Anyone know how to stop the flooding. And it isn;t only my phone that does it it is my wifes and also my bud's

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
With the "Email Photo" button.
ok so i understand i can click a picture and email it. but what about composing an email to someone in, say gmail, there is nowhere to attach photo or document.

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
yes, i can go to gmail on the phone and send an email to my aim account and send it back.. just reconfirmed that.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
That is strange. I would suggest to try and remove you gmail account and re add it. If that doesn't fix do a restore of phone in iTune. If still not working I would head to the Apple store and have them take a look.

tha5150

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
i don't understand what your asking. i CAN send an email from mail, gmail, send mail.

i CAN send a picture from my photos...

the question was, i cant reply to an email and attach a picture in gmail or aim, nor exchange for that matter (which i haven't figured out yet)

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
i don't understand what your asking. i CAN send an email from mail, gmail, send mail.

i CAN send a picture from my photos...

the question was, i cant reply to an email and attach a picture in gmail or aim, nor exchange for that matter (which i haven't figured out yet)
Opps sorry, you hijacked a thread. I thought you where the OP, and I was trying to help them. No you can not make an attachment to a email you are typing. If you want to send a pick you have to send it directly from the photo app or some other application from app store.

blewis1984

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Can you send email without a photo straight from email app? Who is your email provider?
Actually, no. I just tried to email myself and it says "Message delivery failed" or something.

What the hell?

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
My friend's phone was doing the same thing this morning and then all of the failed attemps suddenly went through. How long has it been since you first attempted to send the pic? Her phone took less than 5 minutes to send it after it initially failed.