iPhone 3G Won't Start Up

thebat-man

Sep 30, 2008
Surrey, BC
Hey everyone, I've got a problem, lol.

I have an iPhone 3G with Fido in Canada and it's jailbroken with the latest version of Quickpwn.

I upgraded the software in iTunes to 2.2.1, then my jailbroken stuff got erased, of course, so I attemtped to re-jailbreak it. The process of jailbreaking was complete and my iPhone was rebooting, showing the Apple logo on the screen. I waited and waited for hours. It wasn't finishing rebooting.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong and how I can fix it so I can have my phone back? I tried restarting the phone by pressing the home and lock button at the same time, it turns it off, then I turn the phone back on but nothing happens, just the Apple logo appears.

Thanks in advance!

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
I'm not positive....but it sound like a brick. Except I don't know if a brick will show the Apple logo at all.
Histories Mysteries

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
its not bricked.

i'm not familiar with fido in canada, but if you are using it jailbroken and unlocked you cannot unlock 2.2.1 yet, so that could be your first problem. also, if you jailbroke using a macbook or macbook pro updated to OS X 10.5.6 it will not recognize your iPhone in DFU mode, which could be why you are are stuck at the reboot process. my advice to you would be to plug into your computer and restore with iTunes. if you are trying to unlock it you will simply have to wait until an unlock comes out for 2.2.1. i would recommend going to a store and getting a simple gsm phone for 20 bucks and putting your sim in it until an unlock comes out.

oh yah, and if you need more help hit up the iPhone modifications section, that is where you will get the best answers for your problems, this section doesn't really cover jailbreaking or anything like that.

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/forums/iphone-jailbreak/

FrumpyDuck

Feb 4, 2009
Tulsa
I don't think it's bricked either. A similair situation happened to me about 5months ago jailbreaking.

I was super worried and ready to give up.I just kept hard reseting and eventually it just magically started working.

My best advice would be to leave it alone for a little bit then try again.
Good luck and if you figure it out post so everyone else can learn from it.

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
It's definitely not bricked, since that is very hard to do.

Try restoring it back to factory settings, then jailbreak it.

thebat-man

Sep 30, 2008
Surrey, BC
Thank you for all the replies.

I had to hold the home button down and then connect it to the computer. It restored to factory settings, then copied my backup into my iPhone, which took hours by the way. Haha. I tried jailbreaking it again but the same problem happened. So I believe PepeRB29 is right. I have to wait for an unlock to come out for 2.2.1. Bummer!