iPhone 3G won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone 3G' started by cesarxp2, Apr 14, 2009.

1. cesarxp2

cesarxp2 New Member

so i don't know what happened, but i have a jailbroken iPhone 3g, and it worked fine until i restarted it and now it doesn't turn on past the startup logo! when i connect it to my computer, iTunes recognizes it and it shows all my songs and photos, but my ihpone is still in the startup screen...is there any way to get it back on WITHOUT restoring it?! please help!

or if i have to restore it, then how can i save my music inside the iPhone because my iTunes music is really unorganized and it has music from my friends which i dnt want and im too lazy to put every single artist again and album art, etc..

2. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

download ifunbox or similar and plug in your iPhone. If that recognizes your phone then download all your music into a folder.

Then, after restore, sync that music?

If its not booting up and its under warrantee then get it swapped. They cant tell its jailbroken if it doesn't switch on ;)

3. anuradhaanil

anuradhaanil New Member

hi all
    my iPhone 3g suddenly stopped working. I was charging it via my laptop. Lights went off and now it is dead . please help!

4. Preme

Preme New Member

Try holding home button and power button at the same time for 15 seconds.

If that doesn't work, try dfu mode restore.

If THAT doesn't work get a new phone :) ( if it's not covered under warranty)

5. anuradhaanil

anuradhaanil New Member

yes holding home button and power button worked!
    thanks a lot mate!
    A&A

6. Preme

Preme New Member

No problem dude, press my Thanks button please :)

7. greemie

greemie New Member
    Bronze

What does the thanks do?

8. Bluewing

Bluewing Member
    Bronze

He doesn't have it yet!

9. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

My friends 3G iPhone won't turn. She bought it off eBay Monday. From My understanding, it would not do anything. She tried a hard reset. It then would not power on. She took it to the AT&T store and they just popped the SIM back in her old phone. Apple won't do anything, I already told her that. She's shipping it back, unless I fix it. It sounds like a rotten battery. The biggest problem is I cannot hook it up to my computer, as that would be the first computer to be plugged into. Any help? Would plugging it in to the wall, and holding sleep+home for a long time. I might plug it in to see If iTunes can recognize it. any help on what I can do? Thanks.

I'm kinda hoping she can't send it back. I'd really like to take it apart and put in a new battery. :)

10. applejailescape

Gold

if its on eBay get her to open a resolution case and get her money back , no point paying to fix a broken item when good money was paid .

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can hook it up to your computer. It doesn't matter that it would be the first computer it was connected to after purchase. Try DFU mode.