iPhone 3GS 5.1.1 the new baseband unlock advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by bikerboy, Jul 7, 2012.

1. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

Title summer it all , I am trying to Unlock an iPhone i bought for my younger sister it's 3gs 8 giga with the new stupid baseband .
    tried to update to update to iPad baseband but it keeps getting an error while fetching iPad baseband , so i am stuck , anyone had a successful go at this ? what am i doing wrong ? any advice ? thanks

2. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

Mouting rootfs as read only error is what i am getting , any solution to that ?
    Thanks

3. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

If it is a new generation 3GS, it has a new baseband chip which is incompatible with the one from the iPad. What are the first 5 digits of the serial number of the phone? (this will indicate the year and week of manufacture to know whether you can even install the iPad baseband on it)

4. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

5. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

OK, as far as I can tell, it should be safe to install the 6.15.00 on it (2011 week 4 -- apparently they didn't start putting the new chips in until week 28).

I'm not sure what would cause that error, though. What program are you using to try to get the iPad baseband? Is it jailbroken already, or are you trying to jailbreak it at the same time?

What baseband and firmware are on there currently?

One suggestion I found on a brief Google search: Try just flashing the iPad baseband and doing nothing else

6. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

Already jail broken

7. KAKershaw

KAKershaw Member
    Bronze

I recently bought an iPhone unlocked on T-mobile with a gevey sim card on 5.1.1.... Is there a way to get rid of the gevey unlock and then factory unlock the iPhone 4s for t-mobile? I am sick and tired of trying to get the sms and mms to work....

8. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

CAll att , they are unlocking phones for people .