iPhone 3GS and the ZAGG Invisible Shield

12swinm

Jul 20, 2009
Michigan
Hey guys this is my first thread on here. I just bought my new iPhone 3gs friday will get here on the 28th. I also bought my zagg full body invisible shield. Should be here friday. I really wanted the otterbox case but I didn't have enough money at the time and I wanted something to protect it right out of the box.

So I've done a lot of research and found some good tips for applying the shield I really want this to be perfect because I put one on two years ago and rushed and completely failed... These are the tips I've found out...

• wash your hands first
  • work in a clean environment
  • take your time
  • use ALOT of soulition
  • apply it in the bathroom after running a super hot shower
  • wrap a rubber band around the corners to keep them down
  • let sit for 24 hours

Also I've watched many people apply this shield on youtube and I've watched them completely spray their device so that's my big question. After spending $400 + dollars on my new iPhone I don't really want to spray it with a ton of water but I really want to get this thing on perfect so is it okay to spray it or should I just spray the shield its self. Thanks guys let me know what you think. Also I ordered online from Apple.com and im upgrading my line from a CRAPPY Samson Instinct

Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
id like to know as well, i REALLY don't like the idea of soaking my iPhone, especially the front where earpiece is

jersey221

Jul 21, 2009
Hey guys this is my first thread on here. I just bought my new iPhone 3gs friday will get here on the 28th. I also bought my zagg full body invisible shield. Should be here friday. I really wanted the otterbox case but I didn't have enough money at the time and I wanted something to protect it right out of the box.

So I've done a lot of research and found some good tips for applying the shield I really want this to be perfect because I put one on two years ago and rushed and completely failed... These are the tips I've found out...

• wash your hands first
  • work in a clean environment
  • take your time
  • use ALOT of soulition
  • apply it in the bathroom after running a super hot shower
  • wrap a rubber band around the corners to keep them down
  • let sit for 24 hours
Also I've watched many people apply this shield on youtube and I've watched them completely spray their device so that's my big question. After spending $400 + dollars on my new iPhone I don't really want to spray it with a ton of water but I really want to get this thing on perfect so is it okay to spray it or should I just spray the shield its self. Thanks guys let me know what you think. Also I ordered online from Apple.com and im upgrading my line from a CRAPPY Samson Instinct

please don't call me a troll or anything im just trying to post good things but i am a pre user i used to have a iPhone3g and i like to see whats going on with the 3g and 3gs but i have a phantom skin for my pre and unlike the zagg the phantom skinz have no "orange peel" affect but the zagg is a good shield but i like the phantom skinz a little better

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
There's a vendor that does installs at my mall. I just pay them, and they guarantee their work. I'm not skilled enough to attempt it on my own.

jersey221

Jul 21, 2009
There's a vendor that does installs at my mall. I just pay them, and they guarantee their work. I'm not skilled enough to attempt it on my own.

o ok well it really isn't as hard as it looks and the solution and all wont hurt your phone just don't let it get in the ear piece and you'll be goodbut if you rather it be done by a vendor thats good to cause you wont have to worry about it

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
The Zagg instructions say to spray the film, not the iPhone.

Having done a few iPhones and Macs with Zagg, the key is to spray TONS of fluid on the film. When you think you've sprayed enough, spray some more.

Do not spray the iPhone!

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
It's really easy to install, just make sure you line it up correctly before placing it on the phone.

On the other hand, I just took mine off in favor of an OtterBox, my IS was discolored in about two weeks, by discolored I mean it was clearly visible that the shield had started turning brown/black.

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
U don't need to spray your device i got the bestskinsever.com all i had to do was moist the center wit my fingers ( from the soap n water ) took 15 min for both sides n i am pretty happy with it.

Couple of drips there n there will do thr trick. The product is not water salube it just temporarly dis functions the glue thats all

12swinm

Jul 20, 2009
Michigan
please don't call me a troll or anything im just trying to post good things but i am a pre user i used to have a iPhone3g and i like to see whats going on with the 3g and 3gs but i have a phantom skin for my pre and unlike the zagg the phantom skinz have no "orange peel" affect but the zagg is a good shield but i like the phantom skinz a little better
yes it does look nice the problem is I have already bought it ... hahaha

12swinm

Jul 20, 2009
Michigan
yes that would be really nice and I found a place online that tells you where they all are but there are none in my state =(

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
There is a ZAGG Kisok right outside of the Apple Store in Annapolis MD.

I'd bet there is one outside or near many Apple stores...why not call ZAGG and ask them.

12swinm

Jul 20, 2009
Michigan

I'd bet there is one outside or near many Apple stores...why not call ZAGG and ask them.
on the zagg website it actually shows you all the vendors and locations that will apply it. None are in my area.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
yes that would be really nice and I found a place online that tells you where they all are but there are none in my state =(

lol. .

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
I have applied more than my fair share of invisible shields in my time, and the more you do, the better you get at it. The most important thing when applying an invisible shield, is not fluid, or alignment, its PATIENCE. It is going to take some time to get it right, especially if it is your first time applying one. The end result is great though, i enjoy the orange peel effect that you get with the invisible shield versus other skins, I feel that it offers more grip to the iPhone. One of the other things i have come to do, though I don't recommend it to many other people, is cut the shield into sections before you put it on. (i.e. the back, sides, top, bottom...) I only do this because i use a Seidio holster and sometimes the sides of the holster crimp the shield and i have to replace it, so i use extra shield material to replace broken or crimped sides instead of replacing the whole shield. Other than that, all of the aforementioned tips are correct. Use lots of fluid and take your time. Bubbles are going to happen, but if you work them out right, after the first two weeks, they will go away and leave a beautiful looking iPhone. I am also going to add that I DO recommend applying it yourself, I don't like to let other people handle my expensive iPhone, and I know that if something does happen to it, it was at least my fault, and not someone else's.

12swinm

Jul 20, 2009
Michigan
I have applied more than my fair share of invisible shields in my time, and the more you do, the better you get at it. The most important thing when applying an invisible shield, is not fluid, or alignment, its PATIENCE. It is going to take some time to get it right, especially if it is your first time applying one. The end result is great though, i enjoy the orange peel effect that you get with the invisible shield versus other skins, I feel that it offers more grip to the iPhone. One of the other things i have come to do, though I don't recommend it to many other people, is cut the shield into sections before you put it on. (i.e. the back, sides, top, bottom...) I only do this because i use a Seidio holster and sometimes the sides of the holster crimp the shield and i have to replace it, so i use extra shield material to replace broken or crimped sides instead of replacing the whole shield. Other than that, all of the aforementioned tips are correct. Use lots of fluid and take your time. Bubbles are going to happen, but if you work them out right, after the first two weeks, they will go away and leave a beautiful looking iPhone. I am also going to add that I DO recommend applying it yourself, I don't like to let other people handle my expensive iPhone, and I know that if something does happen to it, it was at least my fault, and not someone else's.
Thanks so much I'll keep it in mind!

Manifest

Jul 21, 2009
Ohio, USA
I used to have one for my iPod Touch. Takes some time to go on, but after you're done, it's really worth it. Although I wouldn't necessary recommend it - if your phone drops there won't be any scratches, but there could be internal damage, which is why I use a hard leather case for my 3Gs.