iPhone 3GS crashing all the time, could it be the battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by mbeh, Feb 26, 2012.

1. mbeh

mbeh New Member

i recently got a second hand iPhone 3gs, it was fine for the first few weeks, battery life i bit bad but apart from that its fine. Oh and theres a crack in the screen because the phone has been dropped before. Then i started adding music, apps, icloud, etc onto the phone and it was okay again for about another week. Then it started crashing 2 or 3 times a day, the screen would just go black and then it would fade out and i would have to hold the power button to repower the phone back on. Then it started getting worse and now it does it all the time, the phone being nearly unusable. It will also crash half way through turning the phone back on (when the Apple sign is on while loading), sometimes the only way to get it to work again is to plug it into the computer or the power supply.

what could it be? i've tried resetting/restoring the phone 2 or 3 time it makes no difference at all.

could it be the battery? i can have full battery life and then it can crash a few times and say i have no battery at all.

or could it be something else?

please someone help, i don't want my iPhone to die!

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

You did mention the screen is cracked...
    Probably letting dirt,dust, moisture get inside the device and causing it to die a slow death :(

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I would schedule an appointment with Apple to see a genius. See of they will replace it. They are giving 3GS's away (figure if speech) good chance you can get a new one.