Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Hey People :)

I am modifying my girlfriends 3GS soon and I would just like to say I am bricking it.. Taking apart a 3GS completely when its not mine scares me :/

Anyway I thought I'd share what I'm doing, I am turning it completely pink. Here are the Parts I'm using:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130562442680?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250863444847?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

So I think it will look pretty cool, If pink is your thing :p

What ya'll think?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Dave, be for warned if you haven't done anything like this before it's not easy. I converted my 3G and put a blue OEM back plate on, it's time consuming and can give you a few head aches. The screen is easy you could swap that out in a matter of minutes. I suggest you buy better tools than the ones supplied.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Dave, be for warned if you haven't done anything like this before it's not easy. I converted my 3G and put a blue OEM back plate on, it's time consuming and can give you a few head aches. The screen is easy you could swap that out in a matter of minutes. I suggest you buy better tools than the ones supplied.
Thanks for the advice John. I already have good tools I bought for taking apart my laptop. I have a decent magnetic screwdriver and case opener tool. I watched a teardown on YouTube last night and it seemed pretty straight forward. I am quite literally going to pause and play the teardown video the whole time I'm doing the work.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for the advice John. I already have good tools I bought for taking apart my laptop. I have a decent magnetic screwdriver and case opener tool. I watched a teardown on YouTube last night and it seemed pretty straight forward. I am quite literally going to pause and play the teardown video the whole time I'm doing the work.
You do know you'll void your warranty. I wouldn't say it's straight forward either... The break down video's are great and definitely a massive help for an inexperienced person.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
You do know you'll void your warranty. I wouldn't say it's straight forward either... The break down video's are great and definitely a massive help for an inexperienced person.
Inexperienced? John I'm just about ready to open another can of photo war whoopass. I think I should be ok, I'm pretty good with stuff like this. I did a 2 week course on micro electronics so that should help a tad ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Inexperienced? John I'm just about ready to open another can of photo war whoopass. I think I should be ok, I'm pretty good with stuff like this. I did a 2 week course on micro electronics so that should help a tad ;)
Oh, and it's not in warranty ;)
I wasn't trying to say you didn't know what you were doing. You said you were bricking it - in my opinion that means inexperience.

The photo war isn't over, I had real life things to do (y)

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
So, how did it turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app