iPhone 3GS GPS on Cydia

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Roberonb, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Roberonb

Roberonb New Member

I bought an iPhone 3gs used which had cydia installed. GPS does not work. Now I have seen the redsnow commands and then put cydia on. Since cydia is already on mine, is there anything I can try. I know it might have been broken during the jailbreak but I would like to try.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Moved to iPhone Jailbreak.

3. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The reason your GPS isn't working is probably due to the previous owner installing the iPads baseband to unlock the phone - which breaks it.

What sort of things are you wanting to try? Themes? Tweaking the OS?

4. Roberonb

Roberonb New Member

No, I saw where some where able to get their gps working. I kind of figured it meant it was permanently broken but thought I would check and try to get it going. Everything else work as I used themes and such from Cydia. Only thing I wish I could do is put pictures on the background behind icons but from what I understand you can't do that on a 3gs even with cydia jailbreak.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I thought you could do that stock if you updated to 4.x or later, but that might have just been iPhone 4 and above. Either way, you can do it on a jailbroken phone on any firmware by adding the wallpaper to a theme or using an app such as BossPaper.