iPhone 3GS GPS on Cydia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Roberonb

Dec 11, 2012
I bought an iPhone 3gs used which had cydia installed. GPS does not work. Now I have seen the redsnow commands and then put cydia on. Since cydia is already on mine, is there anything I can try. I know it might have been broken during the jailbreak but I would like to try.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I bought an iPhone 3gs used which had cydia installed. GPS does not work. Now I have seen the redsnow commands and then put cydia on. Since cydia is already on mine, is there anything I can try. I know it might have been broken during the jailbreak but I would like to try.
The reason your GPS isn't working is probably due to the previous owner installing the iPads baseband to unlock the phone - which breaks it.

What sort of things are you wanting to try? Themes? Tweaking the OS?

Roberonb

Dec 11, 2012
No, I saw where some where able to get their gps working. I kind of figured it meant it was permanently broken but thought I would check and try to get it going. Everything else work as I used themes and such from Cydia. Only thing I wish I could do is put pictures on the background behind icons but from what I understand you can't do that on a 3gs even with cydia jailbreak.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, I saw where some where able to get their gps working. I kind of figured it meant it was permanently broken but thought I would check and try to get it going. Everything else work as I used themes and such from Cydia. Only thing I wish I could do is put pictures on the background behind icons but from what I understand you can't do that on a 3gs even with cydia jailbreak.
I thought you could do that stock if you updated to 4.x or later, but that might have just been iPhone 4 and above. Either way, you can do it on a jailbroken phone on any firmware by adding the wallpaper to a theme or using an app such as BossPaper.