iPhone 3GS hanged in circle loop

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Lord Erclan, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Lord Erclan

Lord Erclan New Member

iPhone 3GS hanged in circle mode?i tried to update my mom's iPhone 3gs which i jailbreaked about a year ago, as it had some glitches and slow speed. the software update 784 mb downloaded in 2 hrs and then given an error. i retried same thing happened again. i tried to reset from iPhone settings 1st disply, problem not solved 2ndly reset and erase all data, it restarted and hanged in moving circle phase. next worst thing i recalled phone power button not works (so that i can restart it by pressing power button and lock button together to restart it)
    i removed a little bit of the back black cover to press power button directly but nothing happened. so i removed the 2 screws near dock connector pulled out front screen to find any way to restart. next thing happened ribbon cable 1 came off and screen turned off. while trying to connect ribbon 3 came off. i had to remove ribbon 2 to connect ribbon 3. ribbon 3's gold part does not go all the way in(yes i know these is a sort of a switch ). now about half ribbon 3 inside and locked , connected ribbon 1 &2 but the screen is still off. when i charge it no sound of charging.
    iTunes not recognize it
    I used evasion to jail break it
    any help
    ios 6.1.2

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If I am reading your post correctly, you are taking the iPhone apart to basically diagnose this yourself? I am unsure what the issue is besides that you are unable to restore/update the iPhone as it's going into a circle loop, is this correct? The power button doesn't work either I am reading.

I am not a technician obviously or else I'd be on top of the world, but have you tried taking it to Apple or your phone provider as long as it's not jailbroken?

3. snowtrooper1966

Gold