iPhone 3GS is not charging!

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
Have you tried to reboot the phone?

Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time. Hold them both until you see the screen go black and the white Apple logo appear. When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Have you tried to reboot the phone?

Reset the iPhone by holding the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button at the bottom center of the face at the same time. Hold them both until you see the screen go black and the white Apple logo appear. When this happens, you can let go - the iPhone is rebooting.
Yes several times. I think it might have died. If it has then....I am in serious trouble. I have a presentation to do at work on tuesday and all the data i needed was on there...

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Well today I took my old iPhone 3gs back to the Apple store at the arndale centre in manchester. After explaining what had happened one of the girls tried to get it back on and to no avail. As it was out of warranty, I thought i would have to pay for a new one but the girl was extremely helpful and replaced my phone with a brand new out of the box 16gb 3gs. As she took away my old one I felt a little tear in my eye. So many memories on that iPhone. All lost forever. Oh well, at least I got a brand new iPhone. Thanks Apple.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Yeah, I'd say you were pretty lucky that the Apple Store replaced an out of warranty/jailbroken phone. Good for you. :)

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
I know...at least I still have all my contacts and it's backed up now. I miss my jailbreak but I'm not risking anything like that happening again so no more jailbreaking for me....

Dec 29, 2010
i personally don't think it was a jb issue. you said you left it with your boyfriends bro.... he coulda stuffed it up and not said a thing or accidentally dropped or spilled something on it. These things happen to anyone as no one is exempt from this. But i also sayCongrats on getting it replaced with a new ( refurbed ) iPhone. :)

Dec 29, 2010
ooops o.O reread it and i misunderstood the last bit (embarrassed).... i still don't think it was the jb tbat stuffed it tho.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
i personally don't think it was a jb issue. you said you left it with your boyfriends bro.... he coulda stuffed it up and not said a thing or accidentally dropped or spilled something on it. These things happen to anyone as no one is exempt from this. But i also sayCongrats on getting it replaced with a new ( refurbed ) iPhone. :)
Wtf are you on about? I never let my phone out of my sight unless I'm asleep. And I can assure u anyone touches it without permission gets...well just say it's not pretty. Anyway I think u got me mixed up with someone else...my boyfriends bro would never use my phone...unless I gave him permission.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Well today I took my old iPhone 3gs back to the Apple store at the arndale centre in manchester. After explaining what had happened one of the girls tried to get it back on and to no avail. As it was out of warranty, I thought i would have to pay for a new one but the girl was extremely helpful and replaced my phone with a brand new out of the box 16gb 3gs. As she took away my old one I felt a little tear in my eye. So many memories on that iPhone. All lost forever. Oh well, at least I got a brand new iPhone. Thanks Apple.
Seriously? There is no reason to feel anything but thrilled in this situation. The phone was out of warranty and it was jailbroken. Technically, they shouldn't have even looked at it, let alone replaced it. It's just a phone and it can easily be replaced and the data/media/texts etc. can all be synced back onto it. I just don't get the sentimentality.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Seriously? There is no reason to feel anything but thrilled in this situation. The phone was out of warranty and it was jailbroken. Technically, they shouldn't have even looked at it, let alone replaced it. It's just a phone and it can easily be replaced and the data/media/texts etc. can all be synced back onto it. I just don't get the sentimentality.
My last 3GS that I had to replace was a valentines day gift from my girlfriend, I can see why somebody would get attached to a phone, I felt the same way, I know lame 

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
My last 3GS that I had to replace was a valentines day gift from my girlfriend, I could see why somebody could get attached to a phone, I felt the same way, I know lame 

Technically Apple shouldn't have no. I was getting at savage tbh...no one touched my phone before it broke except me...it's a pride thing I think when the sentimentality kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

Dec 29, 2010
lol.... i misunderstood the message conveyed with the structuring of your grammar skillz. excuuuuuuuuiise moi. hahaha. besides as Europa pointed out as well, it's just a phone and I say it wasn't the jailbreak ( provided it was done correctly. 90% never get it right the first time.) I love my Phwn but it is just that, a phone. And, once again, congrats on the new refurb.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
lol.... i misunderstood the message conveyed with the structuring of your grammar skillz. excuuuuuuuuiise moi. hahaha. besides as Europa pointed out as well, it's just a phone and I say it wasn't the jailbreak ( provided it was done correctly. 90% never get it right the first time.) I love my Phwn but it is just that, a phone. And, once again, congrats on the new refurb.
I don't think it's nice to make fun of someone else grammar, a lot of us here are from other countries, either way it doesn't give you the right to make fun of anybody. Capito?

Dec 29, 2010
I don't think it's nice to make fun of someone else grammar, a lot of us here are from other countries, either way it doesn't give you the right to make fun of anybody. Capito?

its capice,and i wasn't making fun of their poor grammar skillz. I just mentioned it. "Capito?"

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
its capice,and i wasn't making fun of their poor grammar skillz. I just mentioned it. "Capito?"
Oh now " you " gonna give me a lesson in Italian? Haha I'm done talking to you Take care

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Actually when conjugated the you form of that verb in Italian is Capito. It's capice in America where others have butchered it. His conjugation is correct. :)

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Apology accepted Savage, it was not a refurb...i asked her before I took it. She assured me it was not. lol. still not entirely convinced though.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK

Thanks Bennyboy. I'd like to think my grammar is pretty good, seeing I got a "C" in GCSE(English equivalent of a high school diploma) English Langauge at High School.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Thanks Bennyboy. I'd like to think my grammar is pretty good, seeing I got a "C" in GCSE(English equivalent of a high school diploma) English Langauge at High School.
No problem pink, at least some of us take the time to actually learn another langauge!

@flwr, correct I see you did your homework 