iPhone 3GS is stuck in DFU mode

Sep 28, 2011
every time i try to restore my iPhone back to its original state, i either get a a 3194 error or a 1600. So i used to applications called tinyumbrella, and ireb. When i use those to programs i don't get those errors and it starts to restore the iPhone, but as soon as it finishes iTunes says the phone needs to be restored again. I tried downgrading my firmware from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 but something went wrong. is there any way i can restore this back to its original os.

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Do you have the ipad baseband? If you do then you will need to use pwnage tool(Mac) or snowbreeze(windows) to create a custom firmware of that you are trying to restore to. I sometimes have the same problem, (as i've got the ipad's baseband for unlock), but keep at it. It will work for you eventually.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Your initial errors were caused by the hosts file being incorrect. You've got that sorted out so now you just need to use FixRecovery to kick it out of recovery mode. It's a separate program (not a feature within TinyUmbrella) that can be found on the TinyUmbrella website.

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/