iPhone 3GS jailbreak/unlock help

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Luis G., Mar 5, 2012.

1. Luis G.

Luis G. New Member

Hi,

I bought an iPhone 3GS from a friend. I jailbroke it using redsn0w. It worked just fine. I was running bb 5.16.05 which I later found out wasn't compatible. I factory restored the phone to factory settings to start again. I had Redsn0w jailbreak it and install iPad baseband. It booted up fine, and asked me to setup a passcode After it finished, It started booting up again, on the homescreen now, it says "activation required". I type the passcode in, and get a screen that says "Connect to iTunes". I connect the phone to my macbook, and it freezes iTunes. iTunes doesn't recognize it. Also, the phone randomly reboots on its own, and never finds service. Always says "searching". I'M FREAKING OUT! Can anyone PLEASE help me ASAP? I would greatly appreciate it. I can't use my phone now!

2. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

You installed iPad baseband on iPhone? Is that correct?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

4. Luis G.

Luis G. New Member

Yes, I did. Using Redsn0w.

5. Luis G.

Luis G. New Member

I believe I am running iOS 5.0.1(it's the latest one)

6. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Did you check serial # compatibility w that baseband? What software version is it on now?

7. Luis G.

Luis G. New Member

I tried checking the serial number, but mine was different then what everyone was posting online. On the back of my iPhone it says Model #:A1303. I looked that up, and it said that that model was made in 2009. So I went ahead and did it. Is it fixable?

8. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

Hopefully. The iPad baseband is unstable on some. Try this if you haven't. See if it helps.

iPhone 3GS notes: If you're trying to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS and redsn0w doesn't work, make sure you've clicked the correct choice when redsn0w asks if your device has an "old" or "newer (fixed)" bootrom. (In other words, try the process again and choose the other option.) If you're trying to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS and also make it unlockable using the iPad baseband, redsn0w may crash if you install both Cydia and the iPad baseband at the same time. If you're seeing this problem, you can work around it by going through the jailbreaking process once just installing Cydia, and then a second time just installing the iPad baseband.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The iPad's baseband is used to unlock an iPhone that has been updated to a firmware that includes a baseband that is not compatible with ultrasn0w. Once it's on the phone, it's there to stay and it makes restores tricky.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Restore again and hacktivate it since you don't have an official SIM card. You don't need to install the iPad baseband again, it's already on your phone now.

11. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I know. I was confirming that's what was done. I know someone that tried it and it was a pain.

12. Luis G.

Luis G. New Member

I re-jailbroke the phone. It started up fine. BUT, Now it doesn't allow me to use wi-fi, bluetooth, and it still won't find the network. Also, it randomly resets itself. I think my phone is not compatible. Is there any way to reverse this? or is there anything I can do at all?

13. Kgd0630

Kgd0630 Contributor
    Bronze

I sent you a personal message

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you unlock it by installing ultrasn0w? Have you installed any Cydia apps yet? Try running crash reporter after unlocking.