iPhone 3GS loose switch (with video)

fabianvs

Jul 9, 2009
Check out this video of a loose power switch on my iPhone 3GS. Is it me or is this worth a trip to the Apple Store? Would they replace it?

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
ive noticed that my 3gs vibrate switch is looser than my 3g as well..
not quite that bad but ive only had it for 2 weeks.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
That doesn't seem good, so yeah, I'd schedule an appointment with a Genius or call Apple Support.

Joe

Vcao

Jun 21, 2009
Let me know how this works out for you, i'm considering a trip for the same reason...actually when i called the Apple store and they said to come in but we'll see don't wanna waste my time

fides7

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
San Antonio, TX
i had the exact same issue with my 3GS..genius looked at it and replaced it with reconditioned phone which had the same issue, although not quite as bad. From what I understand, this is a pretty common problem.

fabianvs

Jul 9, 2009
i made an appointment for tomorrow, but if they are just gonna give me a refurb, i rather keep this loose one !

fides7

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Yep, i agree. However, chances are that even if they did give you a brand new phone, it's likely that it would also have same issue :(

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Keep in mind the refurbs are just as good or better than new phones. The only pieces they keep from any used phone are the boards if the boards are working fine, because the boards are the expensive part. They put new glass, new battery, and new backing on it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
mine is slightly loose and gives an occasional rattle when switched to vibrate, nothing too annoying though. my 3G did this also so it's not anything I'm going to worry about.